• Hi Guest! Being a Paying Supporter is NOT a requirement to participate at BCF. However, subscribing will help ensure we can continue to serve the LBC community for years to come. If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource...Please consider supporting us by **Upgrading**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this banner)
Tips
Tips

Healey redone on upcoming episode of Wheeler Dealer sold at Barrett-Jackson Las Vegas

Editor_Reid

Staff member
Platinum
Country flag
LOVE it with the red interior. I'd hate to see everyone start putting red interiors in their Healeys, but as a neutral color, red goes with everything and has so much more style than black. I've long been slightly surprised that (almost) no one puts a red interior in a Healey Blue Healey - it's a show-stopper IMO.

(I wonder why they left off the interior rear-view mirror on this car.)

HealeyRick

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
LOVE it with the red interior. I'd hate to see everyone start putting red interiors in their Healeys, but as a neutral color, red goes with everything and has so much more style than black. I've long been slightly surprised that (almost) no one puts a red interior in a Healey Blue Healey - it's a show-stopper IMO.

Not such a fan of the red interior in a BRG Healey, but red with Healey bluish ... fantastic!

rare-1965-shelby-cobra-to-be-auctioned-11047_1.jpg

dougie

Luke Skywalker
Country flag
Agree totally, I was at the Art Center College of Design annual car show in Pasadena today and was draw immediately to the red interior cars. Great show, Jay Leno MC'd and had a few cars on the field. The theme was Italian, American, and French (Red, White and Blue) car this year.

Design Ctr Car Show.jpg

DB Car.jpg

Corvette Red Interior.jpg

EV2239

Jedi Warrior
Red is a tricky colour IMO, but red and white or black were very sixties. Here’s my little Porsche, which is almost the same combination as a friends 3000 MK 1

URL]

HEALEYJAG

Jedi Warrior

I was at barrett-jackson...thought the price was way over paid.........lots of non-original work..

Reid::: My 100 was special ordered healey blue with red, might be the only one..but alas came with a complete leather blue interior, carpets, door panels etc... as I bought the car partially done. Couldn't justify the expense...so YES I agree whole heartedly!

Pete

Editor_Reid

Staff member
Platinum
Country flag
Reid::: My 100 was special ordered healey blue with red, might be the only one..but alas came with a complete leather blue interior, carpets, door panels etc... as I bought the car partially done. Couldn't justify the expense...so YES I agree whole heartedly!

Pete

I'm in the same predicament. My Healey Blue BN2 has a perfectly nice blue interior, so I'm reluctant to trash it just for the sake of changing color. However, if I had it to do over again, I'd definitely go with a red interior.

My Bugeye (pictured below with my signature) has a red interior, and it definitely helps give some life to the otherwise drab Nevada Biege paint.

vette

Darth Vader
Silver
Country flag
You folks do get some interesting cars out there on the West Coast. Looking at that Cobra in the foreground of one pic makes me ask 'What nationality does it fit into'? But I guess if you listen to some of the lore about the Cobra, one said that the bodies were pounded out by a bunch of Italian wineos under the London Bridge. So I guess the Cobra hits all three of the designated theme cars.
As for red interiors, yeh I agree. Makes me want to change my interior ASAP. but at least mine isn't black.
Big "EDIT". Misread the post about the French. I was thinking British the whole time I wrote about the Cobra.

RDKeysor

Jedi Trainee
Bronze
Country flag
Agree with the red interior. I have black, and it shows every speck of dust, grass, etc. As for the Wheeler Dealer car exhaust outlet location, I owned a Healey back in 1963 that had a number of modifications by the PO. He was a drag racer and had fiddled the overdrive so it worked on all four gears (as I recall it), had installed cutouts in the exhaust, etc. As one of the tail pipes was crimped on this car and I didn't have much money, I cut the tail pipes off just behind the muffler and installed the elbows of the type seen on the Wheeler Dealer car. I used to drive the car back and forth from Dayton, where I worked on a newspaper, across Ohio to see a young lady east of Cleveland. The noise from the exhaust emanating just below the door on that Healey set up a drone that had me stuffing paper tissue in my ears. That didn't work. As for the dent in the tail pipe, I think that happened at a drive-in movie in Morgantown, WVA, where I was visiting a different young lady.

John Turney

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
Agree with the red interior. I have black, and it shows every speck of dust, grass, etc. As for the Wheeler Dealer car exhaust outlet location, I owned a Healey back in 1963 that had a number of modifications by the PO. He was a drag racer and had fiddled the overdrive so it worked on all four gears (as I recall it), had installed cutouts in the exhaust, etc. As one of the tail pipes was crimped on this car and I didn't have much money, I cut the tail pipes off just behind the muffler and installed the elbows of the type seen on the Wheeler Dealer car. I used to drive the car back and forth from Dayton, where I worked on a newspaper, across Ohio to see a young lady east of Cleveland. The noise from the exhaust emanating just below the door on that Healey set up a drone that had me stuffing paper tissue in my ears. That didn't work. As for the dent in the tail pipe, I think that happened at a drive-in movie in Morgantown, WVA, where I was visiting a different young lady.
Must be a lesson there about Healeys and young ladies. :angel2:

Healey Nut

Luke Skywalker
Country flag
Bespoke exhaust done by blah blah blah .....Have you seen it ,,,,,its a disaster the way it exits half way down the door .
did some kid in shop class make it !!!!!

front bumper is twisted down at the end , brake fluid canister is badly finished etc etc .
The whole car is sitting too high , back yard 24 restoration IMHO .

dougie

Luke Skywalker
Country flag
You folks do get some interesting cars out there on the West Coast. Looking at that Cobra in the foreground of one pic makes me ask 'What nationality does it fit into'? But I guess if you listen to some of the lore about the Cobra, one said that the bodies were pounded out by a bunch of Italian wineos under the London Bridge. So I guess the Cobra hits all three of the designated theme cars.
As for red interiors, yeh I agree. Makes me want to change my interior ASAP. but at least mine isn't black.
Big "EDIT". Misread the post about the French. I was thinking British the whole time I wrote about the Cobra.

Vett -

If you think the Cobra looked wild, checkout the cars of the future. Here's just one of the models the current Art Center Center students had on display. It must be the beautiful weather "on the West Coast" that inspires such creative design.

Art Center Cars.jpg

Art Center Car 2.jpg

Attachments

• Art Center Car 3.jpg
    Art Center Car 3.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 12