• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

TR6 Heads up! That $95,000 TR6 is for sale on eBay...

PC

Obi Wan
Country flag
Re: Heads up! That $95,000 TR6 is for sale on eBa

"Correct tracking is accomplished by a 100 pound counter balance located on the trailer hitch bar."

I guess an extra hundred pounds of dead weight to compensate for bad trailer design is considered a feature these days.

"All of the gold stripes on the car are real gold."

Blinnnng!

"All of the gold plated knobs in the car have been replaced."

TR6s came with gold plated knobs?

And my fave,

"This Triumph TR6 is as rust free today as when it came from the British Leyland Factory in 1975."

Does that mean he had to add rust? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jester.gif

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazyeyes.gif
PC.

waltesefalcon

Yoda
Silver
Country flag

Its amazing what some idiots think their cars are worth. People need to learn that what they spend on a cars restoration is not how much the car is worth. I'd say that TR6 is worth probably around 20K. I only go that high because thats what the NADA's highest value for one is, and I figure that TR6 is nice enough to warrant that, even if it doesn't have the original tranny.

frankenstang57

Jedi Warrior

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gifWow! A sucker is born everyday. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Hegg

Jedi Hopeful

Hey, Kaysville's just up the street from me... I saw a TR6 that color driving around a few weeks ago that looked pretty darn nice.

I've never really understood the meaning of "Concours", either. My assumption was that the car was basically identical in every way possible to the day it left the factory. Is that true?

BOXoROCKS

Jedi Knight

Nice tho it is, it is an incorrect car, not worth the 20K it is bid at, considering there other correct cars going for less.

martx-5

Yoda
Country flag

[ QUOTE ]

I've never really understood the meaning of "Concours", either. My assumption was that the car was basically identical in every way possible to the day it left the factory. Is that true?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not sure about that either, but I've always assumed that "concours" meant that it was completly stock with all the correct parts, paint and markings etc. that the car came with. I don't know if a certain car came from the factory without an O/D transmission, and one was added later, whether that would shoot the car off the concours list or not. But, putting in a modern 6-speed trans certainly would. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hammer.gif

Bugeye58

Yoda

Considering all the changes made to this thing, I've got a rusty '63 Midget that is closer to "Concours" condition than it is.
I wonder what some of these people are smoking?
Jeff

Geo Hahn

Yoda
Country flag

"There are less than 200 miles on the engine... To test the racing suspension and the high speed handling characteristics, this car has seen 140 mph on the speedometer..."

Been awhile since I did an engine break-in, but winding a newly rebuilt engine out to 140 mph seems unwise.

OP
Kurtis

Kurtis

Jedi Warrior
Country flag

Well, my TR4 has "seen" 120 on the speedometer (I pointed it out to the car just this afternoon); however, the needle has never actually been there. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

waltesefalcon

Yoda
Silver
Country flag

Jeff, I don't think the speedo hits 140. If he has one that does it is likely another of his improvements to the car. Its still in concours condition though, cause he says it is and people never lie about things they are trying to sell.

BOXoROCKS

Jedi Knight

Says he got it from a dealer in MO, nice on the outside but a rust bucket underneath. I got a couple of good ideas who he bought it from, which I will keep to myself.

Bill Redd

Jedi Hopeful

I think that Screenprinter and Webb Sledge should get involved in this discussion, to talk about the "digitally altered" pictures!

Also, isn't that windshield frame painted the same as the body?

Bill Redd

Jedi Hopeful
Happened to be checking ebay, and this beauty didn't go at $19,999! Auction has ended...

Personally, I wish it went for that, and more! It would at least make me feel better about dropping $10,000 to $12,000 into a $4,000 car, in what will be a daily driver!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yesnod.gif

Adam

This car has annoyed me ever since I saw it in the auto trader. They guy who is selling it is either.
A. stupid and knows nothing about triumphs
B. same thing, but needs to look up what the word concours means in the dictionary
C. Just plain lieing.

If he really did pay 100 some odd thousand dollars to restore it...I would love to be his mechanic on his next project. I would make a killing /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

ObiRichKanobi

Jedi Knight
Country flag
[ QUOTE ]
If he really did pay 100 some odd thousand dollars to restore it...I would love to be his mechanic on his next project. I would make a killing /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I wonder if he could produce receipts if asked. I might be a smart aleck and if it gets listed again, ask that question. And then he might think he's got a "live one" /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devilgrin.gif

OP
Kurtis

Kurtis

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
[ QUOTE ]
Happened to be checking ebay, and this beauty didn't go at $19,999! Auction has ended...

[/ QUOTE ]

Bill,

He actually had a bid at $19,999. It just didn't meet his reserve (which I assume based on his original $95,000 asking price was well above the $20K mark).

bigbadbluetr6

Jedi Trainee
BARGIN BARGIN

Hey if that TR6 is $95,000 then my is atleast worth $50,000.
73 TR6. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif