Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Hey Guest! British Car Forum has been supporting enthusiasts for over 25 years by providing a great place to share our love for British cars. You can support our efforts by upgrading your membership for less than the dues of most car clubs. There are some perks with a member upgrade!
**Upgrade Now** (PS: Upgraded members don't see this banner, nor will you see the Google ads that appear on the site.)
Thanks I thought there might be a tool, but i don't recall ever having one. We are starting a restoration of a car we've owned since 1968 but hasn't been driven in over 30 years. I checked the Moss catalog and didn't see the tool, but will keep looking.
In a pinch, you can use a slot cover from a PC IO card. Or, back when I was broke and PCs weren't common yet, I made one from an old hacksaw blade. Heated with a propane torch to soften it for bending, and to anneal the metal so it was easy to grind the teeth off.
I would suggest spraying wd40 or some oil around the whole light assembly then push down on the top of the chrome ring by hand with strong force and pull out and out/up from the bottom plus make sure there is no set screw on the bottom and if so take it out.
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.