Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Hey Guest! British Car Forum has been supporting enthusiasts for over 25 years by providing a great place to share our love for British cars. You can support our efforts by upgrading your membership for less than the dues of most car clubs. There are some perks with a member upgrade!
**Upgrade Now** (PS: Upgraded members don't see this banner, nor will you see the Google ads that appear on the site.)
Hey I've got one with a cut off tip at an angle, still has the baffle in place but might be modified and the one on Bugsy now which has the tapered end on it. I'll ship either one for the cost of the shipping. I paid zero and the one on Bugsy now sounds fabulous but still too loud for me to sneak Bugsy out of the garage in the AM for coffee and not wake up Colleen.
I'd love to try one. I have Monza and it looks silly and is too loud. How does the slant cut tip one look? I'm trying to quiet mine down so better try a baffled one first.
On that one the baffles I believe are removable. There is an allen head screw on the side and a nut inside the muffler 1/2" that you use to remove the baffles.
On the tapered tip there is a grid in there that PO used a long screwdriver to simple punch out. Google Harley Baffees and you'll find all sorts of info.
I have had one on OBI for years and really like it! I don't think it is too loud without the baffles. I eliminated mine by tapping a thick piece of rebar through and "flattening" them (they were the fixed type! Harley mufflers are readily available since it seems the stock ones are often replaced by fancier ones by the biker crowd. The nice part is, when you find one it usually comes with a spare!
Bugsy sounds so sweet with the Harley muffler I have in place now but if I ever want to be able to "sneak out" of the house early on Saturday morning for coffee with Bugsy I need to quiet him down so he doesn't wake my better half.
As it stands now Bugsy can be heard going down the street. A Harley muffler that normally sees duty on one half of a 2 cylinder engine goes from a obnoxious tone to a beautiful sound when 4 evenly spaced exhaust pulses are fed into it. It's really, really sweet! Get out there and visit your local Harley shop, freebies are available. Neighbor down the street pulled two Harley mufflers out of the back of his garage the other day, both were minus baffles but he was happy to get them out of his garage.
You'll need several adapters to get them to mate up with 1.75 " pipe but that is just enough to make them stick out the right length past the back end of the car. A tip, tack weld the adapters together to keep the U Muffler clamps from working loose.
According to my "Harley Guy" brother, they use a hole saw that has been welded to a long rod and a hand drill. Drill out one at a time until you get the sound you want. There should be seven of them.
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.