• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Harley Hearse

AngliaGT

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
While seeing the Lincoln hearse,we saw this HD hearse
at the Staab Funeral Home,in Springfield,Illinois.
001.JPG
006.JPG

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
Very Cool! as someone who is in the biz, I can't understand why there aren't more specialized funeral service vehicles. (I suspect cost) - In Britain you can get these:

1656503086870.png

But, more relevantly for North America - many funeral homes also have limo companies - why those limo companies don't also have classic cars and classic hearses - complete restomods with new engines and AC? I suspect there would be lineups of gearhead families wanting to use them - particularly in larger urban centres.

(Funny story: years ago when female funeral directors were still comparatively rare, I was doing a funeral as as we were making our way to the cemetary and said female was driving the hearse. In the family car, one of the grown children dissolved into laughter - tears running down his face he turned to his very confused siblings and said, "Well, Dad always said that if he had to go he wanted to go in a Caddy with a blonde in it!" :D )

keep the pics coming!

OP
AngliaGT

AngliaGT

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
I asked PJ (whose family owns the funeral home)
if they had jokes,etc.,that they tell among themselves.
I've heard of one funeral worker who had a tee shirt
that read "I SEE DEAD PEOPLE"

Boink

Yoda
Bronze
Country flag
Saw this in England back in 2014 (near Goodwood):
20140914_210220.jpg

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
don't exactly want to give funeral procession a 'thumbs up' but, looks dignified

14dna

Luke Skywalker
Country flag
One of my close friends had a funeral home in Ridgeway Ontario. He found, and restored, both the original horse drawn coach, and a 1919 Reo coach. I am not sure if he kept them when he retired and sold the business. The name was Williams Funeral Home, Fort Erie Ontario.

14dna

Luke Skywalker
Country flag
so two tidbits of humour from me.
My friend, who owned the funeral home suggested we co-own a hearse. put a personal license on it, and a natural gas sign that said "call before you dig" P.S. my last name is Graves
And, while on the subject, family gatherings are when you are surrounded by Graves and not in a cemetary
I'll go to my room now