Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Hey Guest! British Car Forum has been supporting enthusiasts for over 25 years by providing a great place to share our love for British cars. You can support our efforts by upgrading your membership for less than the dues of most car clubs. There are some perks with a member upgrade!
**Upgrade Now** (PS: Upgraded members don't see this banner, nor will you see the Google ads that appear on the site.)
Tony, It may have come from the same manufacturer that Revington gets them from.
I bought it from a guy in Texas, who said he bought out a warehouse of TR stuff over in England.
The Microplas backlight frame came from the same place.
I think I will wait until the fall to mount mine...
It's a real big process to make sure everything is trim and true and mounted properly. If I get a good 3 days in between now and then I might do it, but I want it done right so I may have to wait until fall.
Tony, good for you, care to tell some details of how you found unobtainium? At one point I was going to make one from the trim on a Spitfire front fender. I eventually found a complete original system so didn't need to make one.
That's good to know I was not aware they were reproducing that piece. A few years ago there were some new rear glass at the big 3. A friend got the last one from VB. I believe that was in 1999 or 2000. He had it shipped to me and then took it back to Canada for a top he was restoring. New glass would be something that might get some original Hardtops out of storage.
I am awaiting Glass at present the 4 week lead time has changed to 8 weeks now
and that was last week so I might have it in 3 weeks !!
and the Frame for the Surrey should be here in 2 weeks from a 4 week back order
It will be worth it and I am done with the 250 have collected all the options now
and tuning my sights on building a Group 44 GT 6+
Looks like this part is plastic instead of being metal (can't recall if it was originally a chromed piece or stainless steel), but it's better than nothing!
like you said "better than nothing"
I am now just awaiting glass
Can some post a pic of the finish area of the back window frame and door window glass
I am curious about the window seal at that point
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.