Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Hey Guest! British Car Forum has been supporting enthusiasts for over 25 years by providing a great place to share our love for British cars. You can support our efforts by upgrading your membership for less than the dues of most car clubs. There are some perks with a member upgrade!
**Upgrade Now** (PS: Upgraded members don't see this banner, nor will you see the Google ads that appear on the site.)
I see a factory hard top for sale locally. Asking $700. Looks to be in good shape overall minus the headliner. Comes with new seals (not installed). I hope to have a look at it after Christmas. Anything I should pay particular attention to?
Make sure the two screen vents are in the bottom rear on each side. There are three (3) rods that fit across the top (from side to side) that hold the headliner up and you need them, as they are NLA. The rear glass is also NLA.
Any chrome and attaching brackets that you get are a bonus.
I think that Paul captured the things to look out for. The more you can get the better as costs can quickly add up buying mounting kits/trim/seals/headliner etc. I know guys that have around $3000 wrapped up in their fully restored hardtops alone so they can be an expensive proposition. Paul also has a nice hardtop stand posted on his website that you can build yourself to store it safely whTen it is not on the car.
One thing is for sure, the hardtop totally transforms the car and really stiffens the ride. Sure is nice on a cool fall day up here....nice and toasty with the heater on. Only thing is, you will start to hear things inside the car that you couldn't hear before....things like the gearbox, or the diff, or even the float in your gas tank
A couple shots of mine in my last fall tour through Algonquin Park with my local LBC aficiandos.
I see a factory hard top for sale locally. Asking $700. Looks to be in good shape overall minus the headliner. Comes with new seals (not installed). I hope to have a look at it after Christmas. Anything I should pay particular attention to?
They are Konig Rewinds 16X7's with Graphite centers. Bought them off ebay from one of the vendors....don't recall right now, but I can look it up if required.
These alloy side curtains do not seem all that rare. I've a set, albeit with slightly different mounts, that came with a parts lot that I bought a couple of years ago. I assume they were part of a hard top kit. Tom
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.