• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
delorean.jpg

AngliaGT

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
I heard it took "Best in Show" at the last Irish car meet it entered.

Today was also our Granddaughter's 16th birthday.How time flies.
We raised her for ten years,but haven't seen her for a while.

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
A DeLorean with paint just never looked right to me for some reason

Agree. The beauty of brushed stainless steel should never be hidden.

Gliderman8

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Agree. The beauty of brushed stainless steel should never be hidden.
It’s not a problem with THAT car. If ya want brushed stainless all ya gotta do is Go Back to the Future.

Country flag
St Patrick's, the one day of the year when my underage youngest niece is encouraged to go to Irish bars.

She's an Irish dancer, they dance for the customers and take money donations, been doing it since she was 10. And yes, the parents go to supervise..

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
St Patrick's, the one day of the year when my underage youngest niece is encouraged to go to Irish bars.

She's an Irish dancer, they dance for the customers and take money donations, been doing it since she was 10. And yes, the parents go to supervise..
I love Irish dancing!

Country flag
She's hoping that this summer is back to normal, She's a qualifier for the second time for the World Irish dance competition in Dublin in July. She's one of those kids you see who wants to be not the best they can be, just the best period.

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
She's hoping that this summer is back to normal, She's a qualifier for the second time for the World Irish dance competition in Dublin in July. She's one of those kids you see who wants to be not the best they can be, just the best period.
Cool! Wishing her the best of luck!

DavidApp

Yoda
Gold
Country flag
When we lived in Ireland my sister was in an Irish Dancing group. It was a school class. She is on the back row because she forgot her white socks.

David
Cahirciveen concert troop.jpg

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
My ancestors hail from County Galway - one of these days I'd like to get over there and see if there are still any relatives.

OP
JPSmit

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
My ancestors hail from County Galway - one of these days I'd like to get over there and see if there are still any relatives.
Speaking of ancestors I recently discovered this website: > Forebears: Names & Genealogy Resources <

Punch in your surname and.....

Smit.
3,561st Most Common surname in the World
Approximately 157,459 people bear this surname

MOST PREVALENT IN: South Africa
HIGHEST DENSITY IN: Netherlands (which is where my parents came from)

now if you go to Oorebeek (my mother's maiden name)

1,565,797th Most Common surname in the World

Approximately 131 people bear this surname

MOST PREVALENT IN: Netherlands
HIGHEST DENSITY IN: Netherlands

My Brother in law's last name show approximately 12 with that name or basically his immediate family.

Trevor Triumph

Jedi Knight
Country flag
Thanks for the web site. Another great way to spend time and learn something, too. Apparently my wife is one of 167 or so people with her last name. The name is a German name, but the site suggests there are more Americans with that name than Germans.

OP
JPSmit

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
Thanks for the web site. Another great way to spend time and learn something, too. Apparently my wife is one of 167 or so people with her last name. The name is a German name, but the site suggests there are more Americans with that name than Germans.

It is fun and another way to keep me away from work :D