• Hi Guest - Welcome to the New BCF!! Welcome to the new (as of 2/22/21) British Car Forum. For help navigating this platform, see: This forum
  • Hi Guest! Being a Paying Supporter is NOT a requirement to participate at BCF. However, subscribing will help ensure we can continue to serve the LBC community for years to come. If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource...Please consider supporting us by **Upgrading**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this banner)
Tips
Tips

Guess the Car

AngliaGT

Yoda
Silver
Can anyone tell me what this is? It's left hand drive.
The blue one.

012.JPG002.JPG

pdplot

Yoda
Bronze
Maybe a Peugeot 205? I don't know why they didn't try to sell that car here. Would have given the VW GTI some competition.

AngliaGT

Yoda
Silver
It's a 1993 Ford Fiesta,imported from Spain.

Roger

Luke Skywalker
Bronze
It's the meat in a Cortina sarny. Fiesta.

70herald

Luke Skywalker
You really have to wonder why someone went to the trouble to import a 90's Ford Fiesta? :rolleye: Decent car but not particularly interesting, not particularly great...just a cheap imitation of all the other little hatchbacks of the ear and not the best of the bunch.

Roger

Luke Skywalker
Bronze
You really have to wonder why someone went to the trouble to import a 90's Ford Fiesta? :rolleye: Decent car but not particularly interesting, not particularly great...just a cheap imitation of all the other little hatchbacks of the ear and not the best of the bunch.

I couldn't disagree more. For a couple of years when living in France we had a 1996 mk4 Fiesta Ghia with the 1.4 Zetec motor. It went very well, and had an extremely competent, well-handling chassis. It wasn't too bad on Autoroutes, but really shone on national and departmental roads. Did you ever drive one? They were highly regarded by motoring writers of the time, too.

70herald

Luke Skywalker
Did you ever drive one? They were highly regarded by motoring writers of the time, too.

Test drove a 1998. They were reasonably popular here. Bought a Toyota Starlet instead which was a great little car. Kept it 15 years and regret selling it. But I still don't think I would go to the trouble of importing one.