brgrmyster
Senior Member
Offline
Gentlemen: To the GT6 subject matter experts, may I impose on you for some guidance? I recently bought a 1968 GT6 Mk 1, KC 12938 L, which my research suggests is a late 1968 close to the end of Mk 1 production (KC 13752). The motor number, however, is KD 51386 E, which my research would suggest is an early motor for the GT6+ (in the U.S.), with GT6+ commission numbers beginning at KC 50001 (presumably the engine numbers were fairly close).
So, am I looking at a late GT6 Mk 1 in which the factory installed an early GT6+ engine? Or, did a PO install the later engine?
Secondarily, am I correct in determining the GT6+ engine (KD series) had a Delco D204 dizzy, a Lucas 15 ACR alternator, a mechanical fuel pump with a metal top (not the earlier glass bowl fuel pump), and Stromberg 150CDS carbs (not the earlier CDs or the later CDSE)?
I would be most appreciative for your help. My intent is to restore the car to as close as stock as possible.
Thanks,
Jeff
So, am I looking at a late GT6 Mk 1 in which the factory installed an early GT6+ engine? Or, did a PO install the later engine?
Secondarily, am I correct in determining the GT6+ engine (KD series) had a Delco D204 dizzy, a Lucas 15 ACR alternator, a mechanical fuel pump with a metal top (not the earlier glass bowl fuel pump), and Stromberg 150CDS carbs (not the earlier CDs or the later CDSE)?
I would be most appreciative for your help. My intent is to restore the car to as close as stock as possible.
Thanks,
Jeff
Hey Guest!
