• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Greetings from Folsom California

cortina_gt

Freshman Member
Country flag
Hi fellow British car enthusiasts. I have had my 1972 TR6 since 1979. I installed a 302 V8 around 1982. My other car is a 1965 Cortina GT that I pretty much "wore out" the engine, transmission and interior as my daily driver for about 15 years. This is my retirement project that I have yet to start on. After three years of retirement I hope to start on it later this year.

Happy Motoring,
John

DavidApp

Yoda
Gold
Country flag
Hello John

Welcome to the forum.

I am sure there is a section of the forum that caters to the Cortina GT. Are you going to keep the drive train original or update it to a more modern drive train?

Post some photos of the Cortina GT.

David

Jerry

Darth Vader
Gold
Country flag
You live down the street from me! IE: about 12 miles up Auburn Folsom road. I had a 69 Cortina that we raced in a Lemon's race. Went great on the straight, but could not keep up with the BMWs on the corners. If you get bored in your retirement, Join the UBSCC British car club. Nice people and we do a lot of rallys.

Jerry

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
Hello, John, and welcome!

We had a MK-I Lotus Cortina for a decade, Herself used it as her daily commuter. She once mused about why as she left a green light at an intersection, all the cars that had been setting beside her were suddenly in her rear-view mirrors. :LOL:

I still have Sellers Remorse over letting it go. Good luck with your GT and post pix and progress!

AngliaGT

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Welcome to the BCF! I lived in Eureka until about 3 years ago.
I had numerous English Fords over the years.
You have a PM.