• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Grass Roots no more

Basil

Administrator
Boss
Lead singer of the Grass Roots, Rob Grill RIP.

qed6Ajg" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

GaryBeu

Banned
I played in a rock band in the 60's and the Grass Roots and my band played alternating sets in a club several times. Neither band was "Big Time" at that point.

Mickey Richaud

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
Always enjoyed their music. "Bella Linda" was a good'n!

Do you still play, Gary?

GaryBeu

Banned
I always liked them too...some great songs.

I can't play anymore due to a bad aircraft crash and fire. I was trapped in it for too long and burned. My left hand fingers are now ridgid and can't bend around a guitar neck.

Mickey Richaud

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
Ouch! I'm sure you miss it. I bang around on guitar for fun, and in retirement will be learning banjo.

GaryBeu

Banned
Yeah Mickey...I miss it A LOT. I also miss that I can't sing anymore. My vocal chords (sp?) got fried also. Bummer. BUT I'm not dead and I can do most everything else I ever did so life is good :smile:.

Mickey Richaud

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
Same here with the vocal cords, but mine was the result of a thyroid removal. My voice wasn't all that great, but I did enjoy singing. No can do any more. :frown:

OP
Basil

Basil

Administrator
Boss
Mickey Richaud said:
Same here with the vocal cords, but mine was the result of a thyroid removal. My voice wasn't all that great, but I did enjoy singing. No can do any more. :frown:

Mine was the result of no talent :cryin:

GaryBeu

Banned
Bummer for all three of us :smile: