• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

MGB Got the call this morning!

WillR

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
I woke up this morning to the call from the driver who said he would be picking up my busted MGB in New York later this afternoon. The car should be delivered early next week!!! I gotta get to cleaning out the garage and setting up some work benches, that motors coming out asap!!:banana:

drooartz

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
Woohoo!

I know you've got some work ahead of you, but at least it'll be close at hand and you'll be able to get to it. Heck, just having it in the same time zone will feel good. :smile:

OP
WillR

WillR

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
Its the deepest I have ever been in a motor so all sorts of questions will be hitting the forum soon enough. I just cant wait to have it close!

PAUL161

Great Pumpkin
Silver
Country flag
Will, I missed the original post. Why is the car in NY? Break down? PJ

OP
WillR

WillR

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
I put the car to sleep ate 2009. This last fall as I was helping my parents around the house my plan was to pull the car out of and move it to their driveway to wake up and get running well enough to drive it to Idaho. I didn't change the water pump and as my temp gage is one of my best working ones ( on and off again) i didn't notice it was over heating till it stalled out and poured white smoke from the valve train a few hundred miles in to the trip. That was back innovember. So my new bride and I have been saving to move it here.

Boggsy64

Jedi Hopeful
Strongly recommend the Dr Doolin video that you can find at Moss or on ebay. I have watched it multiple times and it makes the process less "scary". I watch a refresher every so often as I progress.

OP
WillR

WillR

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
Thats a good idea thank you. I have been watching every thing I could on the you tube but thats a bit lacking. Ill have to find the video.
So i guess early next week means in 30 hrs because its getting dropped off by three. Great news and a bummer as I have to wait for him and we took today off work to get out of town. But im not complainin! :highly_amused:

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
jlaird Just got a call Spridgets 24
ronzet Got a call from the Machine Shop MG 14
tr6nitjulius TR6 Got that 395,000 mile feeling Triumph 2
Got_All_4 TR6 Need 1969 TR6 Expert Got Questions Triumph 17
JPSmit Baby got new shoes Spridgets 3
AngliaGT Saw This When We Got Home Today Spotted 3
T Got the engine put together Spridgets 4
7 Wedge Got another one! Triumph 3
AngliaGT Got Lucky Today - CHECK THOSE BOLTS! Spridgets 6
AngliaGT MGB FINALLY Got the Engine Out MG 5
DrEntropy Just got a new book Lotus 3
AngliaGT Got a Lot of Waves Today Spridgets 3
S Pre-War my hood problem got worse! Triumph 6
jackq General MG Got a room full of MGs MG 11
T TR4/4A Why is the new voltage stabilizer I got marked with 'top"? Triumph 4
Jim B. T-Series I got a trophy MG 8
V TR4/4A Learned to drive in my father's 1958 TR3 58 years ago, never got over it Triumph 3
simon1966 Rain cleared up so finally got out. Austin Healey 31
A TR2/3/3A TR3 Gods were good to me, got pistons out of calipers today Triumph 1
S TR2/3/3A got this with my last project car Triumph 2
davester Just got my Sprite back [in pieces] after 42 years...need advice Spridgets 8
N Just got back... Spridgets 0
AngliaGT Got A New Tow Vehicle Other Cars 5
Jim_Gruber New Shoes, New Shoes Bugsy got to show off his new shoes today. Spridgets 6
T TR2/3/3A What is best way to flush engine after antifreeze got in oil?? Triumph 2
D TR2/3/3A Someone got a deal on e bay Triumph 5
simon1966 Anyone got a 100 being transported? Austin Healey 10
vette Guess What I Got For My Birthday? Austin Healey 5
dougie Your Got to Love this Jaguar 4
Mickey Richaud General MG Got a Spare $2000? MG 6
B MGB Got the Vredesteins! MG 8
D TR2/3/3A Now realize what a deal I got with my TR3 Triumph 14
anarchy99 A NEW [OLD] toy just got delivered to the house... Other Cars 10
AN5Sprite How My Sprite Got Me Through A Blizzard... Spridgets 6
trrdster2000 GT6 Finally got a photo of some of our work on the Spit 6 Triumph 2
steveg Odd problem but it got me home! Austin Healey 9
F J hooks an wing nuts for attaching hard top to body BT-7 - anyone got photos? Austin Healey 5
bugedd Got her leveled out, now with different wheels Spridgets 11
RickB MGB Bought 1980 MGB and got it home - head gasket? MG 15
K Wedge Got A Wedgie.. Triumph 15
bugedd Got some wheels Spridgets 20
B TR2/3/3A I think I've got the wrong seats. Now what? Triumph 13
J Got a new tool for Xmas, tested it this week Restoration & Tools 5
C New Guy here, Just got killer news Austin Healey 18
P AH BJ8 hood frame spring where I got hooked Austin Healey 3
I TR6 Got in a wreck - need some help on who to take it to and what to check Triumph 48
B Got permission to sell Audry's 1972 Clubman British Motor Corp 3
drooartz Off Topic Got to say, I'm thankful for Moss Motors MG 5
dcoplan I've got a twisted camshaft-to-oil pump pin. How to fix?? Spridgets 1
catfood We got visited Spotted 6