• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

GoodYear Aquahandler P195/70R14

John_Mc

Jedi Knight
Country flag
Hi All,
I was given a set of 2 brand new GoodYear Aquahandler P195/70R14 tires by a former Vanagon owner to use on my Vanagon, but they are not sidewall-reinforced tires which are what is recommended for the Vanagon Westfalia. I'm wondering if I should sell them or save them to use on my TR6 when the time comes to get new tires.

1) Is this a good size to use on the TR6 ie anybody else using this size, and...

2) Is this a good performing tire for the TR6 ie anybody have any experience with the Aquahandler? I seem to recall that TR6Bill had this or similar tire and now Poolboy owns that car, so if anyone can give feedback I'd be most grateful.

BTW, I'm running with stock spring height.

HerronScott

Darth Vader
John,

Is that a typo on the 14" since the TR6 uses a 15" tire?

Scott

OP
John_Mc

John_Mc

Jedi Knight
Country flag
Not a typo, Scott. To my embarrassment, I didn't realize that the number refers to the rim diameter, though it makes sense. If so, then I guess these will never be the tires for me, at least not with any cars I now have. <span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-style: italic">Maybe</span></span> I should buy an LBC to fit the tires instead! :yesnod: Do wedges use 14" rims?

Geo Hahn

Yoda
Country flag
Geez, I know there are couple of us on here with the dual affliction of Triumphs and a Westy. Nice combination really.

As you likely know -- you don't want to fit passenger tires to the Westy. That thing is heavy, even a bit top heavy, and subject to crosswinds and such that you need a really stiff sidewall.

Fool%20Hollow.JPG

OP
John_Mc

John_Mc

Jedi Knight
Country flag
I'm running the Michelin Aegilis tires right now on the Westy, but the right front is wearing unevenly so I need to replace. Looks like I'll just have to find a matching Aegilis.