• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Goodwood Revival anyone?

pan

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
Are any other members of the Forum going to this year's Goodwood Revival?

catfood

Jedi Knight
Keep planning to but always forget to check the dates and end up booking a holiday at the same time. Hope to have the Healey finished by next summer so plan to get there with it.

OP
pan

pan

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
Too bad Derek, I was hoping to meet you again. When you visited Brisbane I drove you back to your hotel after a AHOC meeting.
And Steve K. I was hoping to meet you, too.

D

Deleted member 19315

I'm going on Sunday with my 56 100/6. Exterior finished, interior still a work in progress so I'll leave the tonneau on....!! Hope its dry. Parking in the pre 66 car park.

Andy

Jerry

Darth Vader
Gold
Country flag
A Pre 66 car park. What a novel idea! If we had more parking lots, that would be interesting to see how many classics show up and don't want to me in the car show itself. We always see a lot of cars that would have looked good on the show field.
Jerry

D

Deleted member 19315

At the Revival there are one or two ago relayed car parks the pre 66 and also I think a pre 72 or something. It results in a great display that I for one would pay to see at any other time . I was lucky enough to have my 911 R tribute displayed inside the circuit by invitation a few years ago ....that was a real experience.

Andy

bob hughes

Luke Skywalker
Country flag
Yup

Going to be in the members car park on the Lavant Str8 on the Saturday Reg BGS 902A, generally parked close to the members tent. Last year I managed to get 'over the Road' and around most of the stalls before the weather changed. The weather became so bad that we retired to the members tent with our 6 Belgian friends and consumed rather a lot of sparkling and still wine along with all the nibbles that we had prepared for the group. Watched all the racing on the televisions in the tent and also entertained a young couple from the Channel isles on their honeymoon. We had a great day, but then I found out that my front near side brake was leaking fluid, not enough to cause an immediate problem but a repair had to be carried out in the following week - the bent pipe into the calliper had gone porous - ouch

:cheers:

Bob

DerekJ

Luke Skywalker
Country flag
I remember the Brisbane meeting very well. Great evening although you had to sit through my impromptu speech on the 100-Six demanded by Joe Jarrick. I wore the club shirt you presented me with, to the Le Mans Classic in 2006 and also at the International Healey Weekend at Gaydon.

OP
pan

pan

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
Derek, it was a pleasure to have you visit. Speaking of the Goodwood car park, I will have to force myself to not spend too much time there admiring the cars! I will be travelling with Steve who is a member of the Southern Counties AH Club.
Cheers, Alwyn.

OP
pan

pan

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
Bob and haasad, Well I looked around the Pre 66 car park on Saturday & Sunday but unfortunately was unable to locate either of your cars. Mind you the Healeys were wall to wall! I travelled in Steve Everest's BN7 on Saturday and John Hendrussun's 100 Le Mans on Sunday. I made myself known at the Rawles tent and met Bill & Rose, Peter Healey and his son Tim and author Bill Piggot. IMG_1054.jpgIMG_1063.jpg

Boink

Yoda
Bronze
Country flag
Was there in 2014 and LOVED every minute of it... including the car-park (though didn't have much time in that huge area outside the main venue). Although we didn't dress up, it appeared that perhaps 70% of people were in period attire.

bob hughes

Luke Skywalker
Country flag
Pan

Unless you went to the Lavant Straight, and had a look around the Goodwood members car park, on the outer bank, next door to the members tent, you would not have seen me.

We had a great day on Saturday, entertained 6 Belgian friends around the car whilst watching the racing, and between us we demolished 7 bottles of vino and loads of nibbles.

Bill had not got out of bed when I visited his stall, - 7.00AM but the boys were there and his son Charlie. Looks as if there will be another replica 100S shortly, Bill has taken over the building of one from ANOther and is now looking for a buyer before committing the big bucks to finishing the build.

:cheers:

Bob

D

Deleted member 19315

Bottled taking my car....no roof....too wet....very glad too. Fantastic day and like wise hooked up with Bill Rawles and Co.