• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Good fitting car cover recommendation?

PHulst

Jedi Hopeful
Bronze
Country flag
I have Noah car covers for the Corvettes and like them. I have been searching for a cover for my new 100-6, and virtually all will say that they do not include mirror pockets. Given this, I am not sure how well a custom or fited cover will fit with my front fender mirrors. At least most sites know that there are both 2 and 4 seat cars which require different size covers.

The car stays inside, so I don't need weather protection, just from dust and from people who occasionally walk to close, or Labradors who think they need to fetch the tennis ball that just rolled under the car. :D

Does anyone have a recommendation for a cover that fits well? And does anyone make them with front fender mirror pockets?

Thanks!

HealeyRick

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
I doubt you'll find a cover with mirror pockets since there was no standard mounting location for them and they were dealer installed. I don't know if there is a company that would tailor one to your individual specs and if so, it would probably be expensive. I like the Covercraft covers and if it's being stored inside, you really don't need them to be as form fitting as an outside cover might nee.

OP
P

PHulst

Jedi Hopeful
Bronze
Country flag
Thanks Rick. Any idea which model or material? Per the photos of the covers some models fit a lot tighter than others.

Healey Nut

Luke Skywalker
Country flag
Try cover craft .
If they don't have one for a healey they should make one and you could always mark the mirror positions and cut slots in the cover and just have the mirrors poke through the slots . If you know someone handy with a sewing machine you could finish the cut edge around the mirror slots .
I did this with a front end blanket I have for the healey . It fits over the. Whole front end and is great when working under the hood . It's made of similar material to moving company furniture blankets , and has a slot cut so you can open the bonnet and I had my good lady cut and finish a slot for the one fender mirror I have .

PC

Obi Wan
Country flag
These guys make covers from multiple materials for a huge variety of cars and a myriad of options for things like mirror pockets.

They will also make customs for anything. If you're driving a belly tank streamliner and towing a teardrop trailer behind it, they can set you up with covers for both.

https://www.calcarcover.com/

stretchit2

Jedi Trainee
Country flag
I agree with PC. I had California Custom Car Cover make one for me fit great. They included the pockets for the mirrors and I had a local upholstery shop stitch email up. Great fit super quality product.

https://www.calcarcover.com/

Bruce

Freshman Member
Country flag
I have a custom cover from California Custom Car Covers as well. Perfect fit with or without the hood erected. I got the Plushweave Cotton Flannel--perfect for inside the garage and occasional outdoor overnight parking at events. Once I got the cover, I "marked" the locations for the mirror pockets but cutting out the holes, sent the cover back and they put in the pockets at no cost. Had it back in less than a week.

Country flag
I was pretty sure I got my Healey's Noah cover from Tom's Import Toy Sales https://www.tomsimport.com/new/sitemap.asp but I don't see them listed on their site; you might give them a call...

The one I have, though fitted, is loose enough to cover my mid-wheelwell opening fender mounted mirrors just fine. I do however have the spring-loaded ones, and I turn the heads/arms 90* to the rear before putting the cover on. NOTE THAT my mirrors DO NOT require readjusting when this is done, that's the whole point of them being spring loaded__they pop back to their original settings!

I too have Noah covers for (three) other cars, and they're one of the best available for outside storage (which is to say they're equally suited to indoor use). I also have fitted__skin tight__indoor covers for my 2 M Rdstrs, and they show off the lines of the car beautifully, even though it is covered. The M Coupe has a similar indoor fitted cover, but of a thicker, more padded fabric, so the body details aren't quite as sharp.

AUSMHLY

Obi Wan
Country flag
Any car upholstery shop can modify whatever cover you get. Simply ask them to make cut out where your mirror is and if so desired, make a pouch for the mirror. They'll finish off the edges.
If you don't care about astestics, you can use a pair is scissors, make your own cut out, fold the edge over and sew it by hand.