• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Gone Batty!

70herald

Luke Skywalker
Country flag
Yeah, like I said above, I want them around - just not in the house!

Had the chimney swept last Saturday, and the guys left the damper open. Maybe that's how it got in. Doesn't take much of an opening for them to infiltrate.
Isn't there a cap on the chimney? At least in Michigan, we needed a cap to keep snow and rain from coming down and it had a screen to keep other things like squirrels or bats from getting in.

1638534071456.png

OP
Mickey Richaud

Mickey Richaud

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
Isn't there a cap on the chimney? At least in Michigan, we needed a cap to keep snow and rain from coming down and it had a screen to keep other things like squirrels or bats from getting in.

View attachment 74230
Yup - see my post above (#20)

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag

pdplot

Yoda
Country flag
Two years ago in Florida, one got in somehow and I found him in the toilet. He was unable to take off. I threw a washcloth over him, carried him outside and tossed him into the air. Away he went, never to return.

PAUL161

Great Pumpkin
Silver
Country flag
When we lived in an old 18 room Victorian house years ago, we would get a bat every once in a while and I would catch it with a large bath towel. It would get on the towel and I would quickly fold it on him and take it outside and let it go. Those little bats don't hurt anything, you just don't want them nesting anywhere in the house do to their droppings. They catch a lot of mosquitos. PJ

waltesefalcon

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
Remembered this thread when I stumbled upon this.

I hope that when I become ancient that some kindly young women will take me in and bathe me, groom me, drive me around, and give me snacks. That's probably asking for too much though.

PAUL161

Great Pumpkin
Silver
Country flag
A lot of people don't like bats because they don't understand them and they're not the nicest thing to look at. Funny, I know some people like that! :devilgrin: