• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Glad to have become aware, and new member of your forum, thanks to Morris Kindig , British car collector extraordnaire.

Bitchun Bob

Freshman Member
I'm a aficionado and restorer of any thing with wheels and motor; and will get me to some place or another. I purchased a half burnt up 3000lll a couple years back. Engine and drivetrain basically undamaged - structurally; paint burnt off, wiring harness shot., rear aluminum panel melted and interior trashed etc.- etc. Had 4 minilite mags and 3 new tires, one burnt up, on it . Thought I could not go wrong. The wheels and tires worth more than paid for the vehicle. At the least I could sell the wheels and part out the rest. Told a friend of mine in Pa. ; that had two rustbucket Healeys sitting in his back yard about my recent acquisition. He said he no longer wanted to restore them and if I wanted them. Come get'em. Da!!! I now own 3 Big Healeys. He owns a rusty 53 Porsche he's working on and age and health concerns requires downsizing. Grew up in the area outside Pittsburgh and gladly picked them up on the next trip home. Ones a 3000ll and the other a 3000lll. The half burnt one is a lll. Planning on putting all 3 back on the road. Two original or close to it. The 3rd a Healey rat racer. Looking forward to numerous conversations and learning a lot along the way.

OP
B

Bitchun Bob

Freshman Member
Here's a couple past rojects
57 chevy 4dr 025.jpg
hagerman car show--- 57 piockup 023.jpg
hagerman car show--- 57 piockup 008.jpg

Attachments

• oregon coast- merc pics 185.jpg
    oregon coast- merc pics 185.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 21

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
Welcome to the BCF, Bob! As you know, we have some tenuous Jerome ID roots!
Basil

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
'kay Bob. Where outside 'da 'burgh? And welcome into this forum!

DavidApp

Yoda
Gold
Country flag
Hello Bob
Welcome to the forum.

You have some nicely restored cars and truck there. Look forward to seeing the AHs when they are finished.

The AH section is very active so you are sure to get plenty of tips and advice for your AH 3000 projects.

David

OP
B

Bitchun Bob

Freshman Member
'kay Bob. Where outside 'da 'burgh? And welcome into this forum! I grew up in Scenery Hill, Pa. 50 miles south of the burgh. Across the street from an inn thats been in operation since 1796. Originally called Hills Tavern. That is where you parked your wagons for the night and rested your weary bones; on your way west. At that time west was across the Ohio River. 50 more miles. I think that is why I'm a fanatic with anything old and restorations of such.
Welcome to the BCF, Bob! As you know, we have some tenuous Jerome ID roots! I've probably done some business with your brother-in-law. Heated my shop in Jerome with propane and have done business with all related concerns.
Hello Bob
Welcome to the forum.

You have some nicely restored cars and truck there. Look forward to seeing the AHs when they are finished.

The AH section is very active so you are sure to get plenty of tips and advice for your AH 3000 projects.

David When you show a vehicle like one of those at car gatherings, and its the hit of the show. It makes burning the midnight oil all the more worthwhile.

Basil Thanks too all !!!