• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

TR2/3/3A Glaciers move faster - my build thread

wifegonnakillme

Jedi Hopeful
To catch everyone up, this is my third tr3, the first I had rebuilt by others, had kids, sold it. The second, I got started on, moved to the Yukon and had to sell rather than transport the bits across the country. Then a couple of years ago (now living in Alberta), I bought a pile a mismatched parts that had the makings of a TR3... TS15308LO, engine TS30905E (not original). I liked it because it was a smallmouth with the overdrive and, I was excessively optimistic with my time management.

I finally got down to work on the engine and rebuilt it last summer - the tear down is documented elsewhere here on the forum and I started to document the rebuild until I found an excellent youtube series that did it far better than i could:
https://www.britishcarforum.com/bcf/showthread.php?106730-Novice-TR3-Engine-Rebuild

I also discovered that my later TR3 came with the very early one-piece front TR2 drums...
https://www.britishcarforum.com/bcf...56-TR3-St-15000-should-have-disc-brakes-Right

Last, given the price of shipping new sills here, I have mused about fabricating my own:
https://www.britishcarforum.com/bcf/showthread.php?109349-Fabricating-inner-sills

So, I now have an engine ready to go, a separated front and rear clip and today am dealing with the frustration that besides cutting every bolt the PO could find, they also cut the fulcrum pins on the front:
https://www.britishcarforum.com/bcf...-is-a-trick-to-removing-lower-control-arm-pin

I am trying to be responsible and not become someone's cursed PO in the future, but at the same time I am comfortable with some modifications - the fulcrum pin challenge is leading me to think of TR6 front suspension for example...

The background fj40 is one of two my kids have that i rebuilt that are part of the reason this project is moving so slowly...

Now we are all caught up, here is the state of the project:

Cheers,
Kerry

Attachments

• IMG_20170905_1918068.jpg
    IMG_20170905_1918068.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 108