Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Hey Guest! British Car Forum has been supporting enthusiasts for over 25 years by providing a great place to share our love for British cars. You can support our efforts by upgrading your membership for less than the dues of most car clubs. There are some perks with a member upgrade!
**Upgrade Now** (PS: Upgraded members don't see this banner, nor will you see the Google ads that appear on the site.)
I took an air nozzle and blew some air through the back where 20-25 go and it popped it out.
Dont look into the hole as you do this!!!! it owuld help to have something soft to catch it when it comes flying out. It popped out on mine and almost broke a window.
If no air compressor; push a small screw driver handle in to compress and release rapidly, turn upside and slam it down onto a wood block, no need to be gentle.
TD
None of us on the forum will say anything bad about a vendor but you may want to see if anyone would recommend that you send your mastercylinder to Whitepost or Sierra hydraulics rather than Apple---
BillM
I'm for saving some coin and trying to hone it out yourself. You can leave some small pits and they will never give you trouble. If they do then send it in for resleeve. I've done several and only have one that seeps but since the system is changed to dot5 (won't eat paint) I can live with it.
KA.
As I was inventoring my parts a month or so ago, I found quite a cylinders (master, clutch and various wheel cylinders). In time, I will take them apart and see what I have and how bad they are. Any recommendations on what to look for and how to free them up (soak in what?) before examination.
Alcohol is the solvent for brake fluid. I would suggest soaking them in that though it evaporates quickly and then things will really rust. Use alcohol when honing as well.
KA.
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.