Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Hey Guest! British Car Forum has been supporting enthusiasts for over 25 years by providing a great place to share our love for British cars. You can support our efforts by upgrading your membership for less than the dues of most car clubs. There are some perks with a member upgrade!
**Upgrade Now** (PS: Upgraded members don't see this banner, nor will you see the Google ads that appear on the site.)
Seems to me I had this same problem last year at first start up! I think I have a poor connection at the small wire that goes to the generator that I'll repair. Anyone remember what the polarizing procedure is?
The lost art of generator spring awakening,SMACK IT WITH A HAMMER ! the brushes are stuck from sitting.You will find also that this fine English tradition was carried forward with the Lucas alternators(you want to hit them a little harder since they make more power).....
MD(mad dog)
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.