Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Hey Guest! British Car Forum has been supporting enthusiasts for over 25 years by providing a great place to share our love for British cars. You can support our efforts by upgrading your membership for less than the dues of most car clubs. There are some perks with a member upgrade!
**Upgrade Now** (PS: Upgraded members don't see this banner, nor will you see the Google ads that appear on the site.)
They just don't put out as much as an alternator but they do fine as long as there is no problem with the regulator. Might be a good time to take it apart and check the bearings and take some scotchbright to the commutator and replace the brushes if they are worn. They don't cost much. You might want to replace the brush springs too. Its been over 10 years ago but I had one of the springs break on me and it was my back and for the work car while I was working on another one and the gen quit genning. The spring had broken and I went through hades getting something that would work until I could get the new ones I ordered from VB in.
I think they had just rusted and were real thin.
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.