• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Game: Identify That Part!

DanZ_BT7

Hello everyone, I need help identifying a few parts. Ten years ago my father gave me his 60' Healey and the restoration is finally complete. The car has been a thrill to drive. However, with all successful restorations there are a few extra parts and I was hoping that the knowledgeable BCF community could help me identify what they are and where they go. This first part was powder coated body color, old English white, I have no idea where it goes.

IMG_2258.jpg

steveg

Yoda
Gold
Country flag
See Moss catalog, "Outer Body Panels 100-6, 3000" - Item 44, "Bracket, front fender support".

If the air hose running from the right of the radiator to the blower is out, you can see the plate on top of the wheel arch to which this attaches.

OP
DanZ_BT7

DanZ_BT7

Aha! Thank you Steve! I just removed the hose and found that my front fenders aren't attached to the body as they should be. I guess I'll have to remove the fenders to attach the brackets. The car has been recently painted so I'm a little hesitant to remove the fenders at this point. I am hoping that the fenders will be okay without these supports for a season or two. I guess I'll have to be careful when leaning on the fender, working under the hood.
IMG_2266 (1).jpg

OP
DanZ_BT7

DanZ_BT7

Okay, second question. These two parts have been Nickel plated and once again, I don't know where they go or what they do.

IMG_2257.jpg

steveg

Yoda
Gold
Country flag
Aha! Thank you Steve! I just removed the hose and found that my front fenders aren't attached to the body as they should be. I guess I'll have to remove the fenders to attach the brackets. The car has been recently painted so I'm a little hesitant to remove the fenders at this point. I am hoping that the fenders will be okay without these supports for a season or two. I guess I'll have to be careful when leaning on the fender, working under the hood.
View attachment 42363

I had a rattle in my rt-front fender that took years to find. The rear bolt was missing between the bracket and the fender piece shown here. That's how I recognized it. Stumped by the other pic, however.

pan

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
I'd be fitting the fender supports as soon as possible. The other parts stumped me too. Another mysterious six cylinder part.

Lin

Jedi Knight
Gold
Country flag
They are part of the bracketing for the rear seats back panel. What you have there is one half of the assembly for the LH and RH side.
lin

healeyblue

Jedi Warrior
Gold
Country flag
Doesnt quite look like the back rest stop for the rear seat, but it does look like one half of the longbridge top stick stop for when the top is up.

Attachments

• hoodprop.jpg
    hoodprop.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 97
OP
DanZ_BT7

DanZ_BT7

Thank you RJC and Lin! I do think they are part of the backrest side panel assembly. The screw location line up and it looks like it would hold the side panel in place. I'm going to post a third part later today. Thanks!

IMG_2269.jpg

OP
DanZ_BT7

DanZ_BT7

Okay, third part. This part should be a "no brainer". It's the pull handle, about 2 ft long, at the top of the picture. I had this part powder coated black, it looks important, and yes, this is embarrassing. :smile:

IMG_2259.jpg

Healey Nut

Luke Skywalker
Country flag
Okay, third part. This part should be a "no brainer". It's the pull handle, about 2 ft long, at the top of the picture. I had this part powder coated black, it looks important, and yes, this is embarrassing. :smile:

View attachment 42385
spare tire hold own arm

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 85
OP
DanZ_BT7

DanZ_BT7

I do believe you are right, thank you Healey Nut. Those are the spare parts that I have. Now that my healey is back on the road I'll probably be a bit more active around here. Thanks everyone!