• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Fuse box - new product in my current project, a 1964 jaguar mark tw

Lin

Jedi Knight
Gold
Country flag
Every now and again those of us involved in the restoration of our vintage cars come upon new products that exceed expectations. That has just happened to me and I wanted to share some news about my finding. I have absolutely no financial interest. Those of us who have 60s era cars are used to the ubiquitous two fuse Lucas fuse box, and how limiting it is. A fellow named Marc Goldblatt, A mechanical engineer and owner of Classic Technologies, has developed a very compact Fusebox consisting of seven relays, 15 fuses and 34 wiring positions perfectly suited for our cars and at a very reasonable price.

Mark is actually working on the restoration of his own Big Healey right now. In addition to the fuse box Marc provides a fantastic wiring schematic and directions and he will also help with the development of a custom wiring harness. Alternatively, great directions are provided for adaptation of the box to an original harness already in place in the car.

I have just installed one of Marc's boxes in my current project, a 1964 Jaguar Mark 2 and I am a very happy and satisfied customer. I only wish that he had his fuse box on the market when I restored my Healey. Anyway, check out his site, I think you will like what you see. https://www.classic-technologies.com/

Lin

GregW

Yoda
Platinum
Country flag
Is there a fuse for the fuel pump?

Keoke

Great Pumpkin
Country flag

Keoke

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
There's one for the Dome Light that could be re-purposed.

Will it handle a 10 amp slow blow circuit Steve ?????

PCullen

Freshman Member
https://www.carbuildersolutions.com/uk/cbs-12-circuit-wiring-module

Used one of these myself . Very similar , made my own loom up though . BTW it was for a www.jbamotors.co.uk/falcon.html

Keoke

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Isn't that a matter of what gauge wire and what size fuse you install? I mean, why wouldn't it?

Your response suggests that fuse sizes can be selected for circuits as required which is what I wondered about.-:applause:

RAC68

Darth Vader
Hi All,

I do like the idea of a centralized fuse bank placed in a convenient out-of-view location but would expect that passing each protected circuit through this central location would require the design and incorporation of an interface harness. Has anyone designed such an interface harness?

Ray(64BJ8P1)

goldblma

Freshman Member
Hi I am Marc Goldblatt from Classic Technologies. The fuse box was designed to have a lot of versatility and make wiring a car as neat and simple as can be. Regardless of whether you doing a full restoration, upgrading your wiring harness so you can add a few new electrical accessories, or cleaning your wiring up after many random modifications to the stock harness.

I sell different wiring kits but not complete harnesses at the moment. The basic kit supplies the wire and contacts needed to break up accessories onto separate circuits and move items like head lights, starter, electric radiator fan, etc. on to relays. I have an intermediate kit that supplies wire and contacts to run all new wire to and from the fuse box and another kit to rewire the entire car.

The electrical and mechanical design of the fuse box integrate the fuses, relays, flashers, and harness terminations into the smallest package possible to either be tucked out of sight or be conveniently located. It eliminates the clutter of wire jumpers, fuse banks, relay banks and flashers all over your engine compartment and the time needed to figure out how to connect all those items. The connectors that unplug from the fuse box make it convenient to work with and the sheet metal enclosure and cover give it a high end appearance.

Please email me at info@classic-tchnologies.com or visit the site https://classic-technologies.com/fuse-box.php for more information.