• Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Further skill-set expansion

DavidApp

Yoda
Gold
Country flag
Glen and Friends cooking is the Chanel that I got my dough recipe. He does a good video on all sorts of cooking

At 71 I am not sure if I am part of the Old timers crowd or the young section around here. Feel youngish.

David

OP
DrEntropy

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
Pasta photo was rotated from horizontal format originally, rotated and scaled down using GIMP on this CEntOS 7 box. Camera is a Fuji. I s'pose a MAC O/S wants to ignore "added" file attributes.

I'll try using GIMP on the original file and do an export as different format extensions. The .BMP export is further reduced in size to keep it under the upload limit.

Pasta_rack.jpg View attachment Pasta_rack.bmp

EDIT: The .bmp file will not resolve as a viewable image! Weird.

Gliderman8

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Pasta photo was rotated from horizontal format originally, rotated and scaled down using GIMP on this CEntOS 7 box. Camera is a Fuji. I s'pose a MAC O/S wants to ignore "added" file attributes.

I'll try using GIMP on the original file and do an export as different format extensions. The .BMP export is further reduced in size to keep it under the upload limit.

View attachment 63040 View attachment 63041

EDIT: The .bmp file will not resolve as a viewable image! Weird.
OK doc now the pic is viewing correctly. For a while I wasn't sure that was you making the original post.... I figured it was an im-pasta.

waltesefalcon

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
I enjoy cooking, it's one of the things I discovered when I got divorced.

Popeye

Darth Vader
Bronze
Country flag
It’s the Covid “19”; similar to the freshman “15”, etc.!!

loving every pound of it. Lamb shanks for Easter.

DavidApp

Yoda
Gold
Country flag
To add to your freshman "15"

I have never made these before but they turned out well. Shared some with the neighbors.

David
Hot cross Buns s.jpg

NutmegCT

Great Pumpkin
Gold
David - I've never even seen home-made hot cross buns. The ones in the stores have a white confectioners sugar icing on the top to form the cross.

What did you use for the cross?

Thanks.
Tom M.

DavidApp

Yoda
Gold
Country flag
You pipe on a flour and water mix just before you bake them. Just put the mix in a plastic bag and cut a small hole in the corner.

We had the last 2 warmed up for breakfast.

David

OP
DrEntropy

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
David, ya got me droolin' onna keys. Did you bake those in the outdoor oven?