Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Hey Guest! British Car Forum has been supporting enthusiasts for over 25 years by providing a great place to share our love for British cars. You can support our efforts by upgrading your membership for less than the dues of most car clubs. There are some perks with a member upgrade!
**Upgrade Now** (PS: Upgraded members don't see this banner, nor will you see the Google ads that appear on the site.)
Different fuel sender that I bet won't work with the early guage. Will it?? Seems like the later cars have to use a voltage stabilizer. Would that make a difference?
The early cars are 7 gallon and I don't have the specs for the later. Even with 40 mpg 7 only gives a safe range of about 250 miles and there are places where if you happen to drive by a station somewhere near 1/2 tank you won't make it to the next station. Talking about traveling a bit west of where I'm at!!
Trevor, you have a point. If I were to fit the original sender I could let it go down to E in the bigger tank before needing to find a station!! I suppose just measuring the depth of the new tank and extending the arm to make a full sweep would not be difficult.
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.