Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Hey Guest! British Car Forum has been supporting enthusiasts for over 25 years by providing a great place to share our love for British cars. You can support our efforts by upgrading your membership for less than the dues of most car clubs. There are some perks with a member upgrade!
**Upgrade Now** (PS: Upgraded members don't see this banner, nor will you see the Google ads that appear on the site.)
I have a new gas tank rubber trunk floor seal from Moss. It seems to be much thicker than necessary. And it does not want to compress. I know that this has been discussed before but I have searched the archives and cannot find the thread. What is the solution?
The Moss seal works very well with the Moss tank; not so well with an original or an AH Spares tank. The tank seal from A_H spares and others is not as thick or built up on one end. My experience was the Moss seal was to be used with their tank.
I used a high density closed cell foam from the hardware store. Used several sizes until I was happy. I installed some strips across the entire tank, not just the opening in the floor. That made it fit very nice and allowed a small air gap under it to allow any moisture to escape. Was it the best way? I don't know but the tank is solid and sealed in.
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.