Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Hey Guest! British Car Forum has been supporting enthusiasts for over 25 years by providing a great place to share our love for British cars. You can support our efforts by upgrading your membership for less than the dues of most car clubs. There are some perks with a member upgrade!
**Upgrade Now** (PS: Upgraded members don't see this banner, nor will you see the Google ads that appear on the site.)
hi all,
thought you might like to look at this site if you are looking for an electric fuel pump for your webers. Something to think about. https://www.racetep.com/webfuelspark.html
Rob
Interesting about the regulator.I was planning on buying that pump and running it with the filter king reg. Now I only am running twin SU's with a mod motor. My question is .Will $PSI and all that volume overwhelm the carbs if I don't run the filter king? Any ideas?
I have three of those same pumps sitting on a shelf in my garage. Two came on a TR8 race car I bought and one was on a BMW 2002 with twin 40 DCOEs I had. They seemed to work very well. I also have several Facet pumps that I don't like. Both race cars now run a Barry Grant fuel pump with a regulator. Expensive, but they work great.
<span style='font-size: 14pt'><span style="color: #000099">I have 32/36 DGV's on my 6, with a standard fuel pump and it works FLAWLESS !!</span></span>
Len, you can either make a cover plate, or just leave the stock mechanical pump in place. I found the cover plate to be a convenient spot to add an addditional crankcase breather.
Jeff
I read somewhere, it might have been in More B.S. About TRs, that, if you're going to bypass the mechanical pump, you should remove it. I think the reasoning was that the mechanical pump needs the fuel flowing through it for cooling, and, without it, will fry.
Besides, it's easy to make a cover plate out of scrap aluminum. Or whatever you have lying around.
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.