Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Hey Guest! British Car Forum has been supporting enthusiasts for over 25 years by providing a great place to share our love for British cars. You can support our efforts by upgrading your membership for less than the dues of most car clubs. There are some perks with a member upgrade!
**Upgrade Now** (PS: Upgraded members don't see this banner, nor will you see the Google ads that appear on the site.)
Don't ask me how I know but my fuel guage does not work.
What is the best way to test it? I have a new sending unit and a new wiring harness, the guage was in a box with a bunch of other junk TR3A 1958
Dan
For a simple test, connect 12v to the gauge (between the B terminal and the case). With the tank (T) terminal open, it should read past full. If you short the tank terminal to the case/ground, it should read empty.
If you suspect the sending unit you can manipulate it with a length of wire suitably shaped to fish thru the gas cap opening and hook the arm of the sender. If the hook part is a big 'L' it can also be used to push the arm down. I use copper wire and make it long enough I'm not going to lose it in the tank if I let go.
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.