Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Hey Guest! British Car Forum has been supporting enthusiasts for over 25 years by providing a great place to share our love for British cars. You can support our efforts by upgrading your membership for less than the dues of most car clubs. There are some perks with a member upgrade!
**Upgrade Now** (PS: Upgraded members don't see this banner, nor will you see the Google ads that appear on the site.)
I have a front disc set up for the Bugeye, and since at some point she'll have the 1275 in her I'm not too concerned about originality. Anyone done the conversion and does it make a big difference?
I've done the conversion, but I never drove my car with the front drums. I've driven others with drums in the front, and I like the feel of mine better. The discs seem to catch quicker than the drums and require a little less pedal effort.
I drove mine for a year on the drums, and never felt they were inadequate. That said, I'm im the process of finishing the disc swap right now. Seemed like the thing to do, since I was going to a 1275 as well.
drums fffade away disk brakes are there always. hmm theres a song in there some where... ta tata ta talkin bout my generation.
The disk may not have stompin and lockim down like some think but after a couple stops with the drums they do fade quite a bit coming down from say 50 -60 MPH and since your going with more power common sense says get more stopping power.
The disks stay in adjustment virtually forever (until you need to change pads) I found that I had to adjust the front drums too often to be happy with them.
The disks had significantly more stopping power and gave me a better level of confidence (is that an oxymoron with LBC's?).
Bill
I have driven mine with both and definitely like the feel of the discs much better, and when it comes to service, I would much rather replace pads than shoes!!! :wink:
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.