• Hey Guest!
    Yoda says: A FREE resource for the Little British Car community BCF is. Support us with an account upgrade, not many will (less than 1%) "Require" you to pay to play we don't, but if you find BCF helpful, appreciate no pop up ads, and want to ensure we stay online - Supporting us with an "optional" low-cost member upgrade you should. There are some benefits to upgrading!
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Seeing this UGLY banner, you won't)
Tips
Tips

front disc brake hubs for steel wheels

richard, i got the front hubs yesterday afternoon. just opened the bos and i am well pleased with them. thank you

i know this is not the classifieds but the wheels tat i currently have...moss motors mini lookalikes and knockoffs will be for sale in the very near future. i have not decided on a price but they are like new. the tires are not included. if interested send me a private message. again, thanks to all the respondents to this thread. IMG_1417.jpg

i have a nice set of original steel wheels and hubcaps. this car has a 383 sbc roller motor so i might have the rears widened to six inches....keep inside the fenders. or, i might just go with the same style wheels as i currently have... but bolt ons rather than knockoffs. not quite sure today!! i found my original 289 conversion in a '59 bn6 with steel wheels on the modified healey registry. i did that conversion in 1968 while stationed at ft sill ok. it is about 120 miles away in charlotte, nc. i tried to buy it but not for sale? it just seems that the 63 and up bodystyle is a bit more modern looking than the side window cars and the spoked minilite look might be more appropriate. what are your thoughts...i am open to suggestions>>

I think I prefer the minilite look. Not sure that the stock steel with hubcaps is going to look all that great on a BJ7, but that's just my preference. Another possibility is doing a Dunlop steel wheel look alike. The original wheels are shown on Reid's car here: https://www.britishcarforum.com/bcf/showthread.php?93791-Dunlop-D-Type-wheels Some of the MG guys have been exploring inexpensive alternatives that might work for you: https://www.mgexp.com/phorum/read.php?1,2403626,page=1 I think they look great on the 100, but again, not sure how they'd look on a BJ7. That's a great story about finding the car you converted in 1968.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
K TR2/3/3A How to remove the front brake hub from the brake disc? Triumph 11
K TR2/3/3A Securing new brake disc to the front hub? Triumph 4
I Bug eye front disc brake conversion. Spridgets 5
Ohiobugeye Front brakes won't release after disc brake conversion Spridgets 10
K TR2/3/3A Front disc brake squeal.... Triumph 4
R BJ7 Front Brake disc hitting Austin Healey 12
Trevor Jessie Front brake line locating brackets [disc]. Spridgets 6
M BN4 prob with disc brake conversion[front] Austin Healey 2
L Denis Welch Front Disc Conversion Kit 100/6 Austin Healey 6
KVH TR4/4A Front Wire Wheel Hubs Differ from Disc Hubs?? Triumph 5
C Wanted 3000 Front Disc Brakes Austin Healey Classifieds 4
croz TR2/3/3A Moss Replacement front disc pads Triumph 3
steveg Front Toyota disc conversion now complete - photo essay Austin Healey 0
C Bugeye Disc Front Brakes FORUM Navigation Questions 0
C Bugeye Disc Front Brakes Spridgets 4
pkmh Dismantling BJ8 Front Hub From Caliper Disc Austin Healey 20
bighealeysource front disc brakes conversion for 100-4 Austin Healey 21
R TR4/4A Disc wheel studs front and rear TR4a irs Triumph 4
B front disc brakes- 66 sprite Spridgets 8
T Check list to convert to front disc brakes Spridgets 9
T Front disc brakes make a big difference? Spridgets 5
O Front disc's from a 63 Midget Spridgets 0
56HealeyDan 100-4 Front Crankshaft Seal Austin Healey 7
AngliaGT 1997 Miata - Anyone Have a Picture on How to Mount the Front License Plate Bracket? Other Cars 12
mctriumph For Sale front apron 57 Tr3 Triumph Classifieds 0
71TR6 TR2/3/3A TR3A Front Bumper Mount Triumph 11
1 TR2/3/3A Rimmer Brothers Replacement Front Wing Quality? Triumph 8
Carlbanan56 MGB Front hub MG 4
F For Sale E Type Series II front and rear bumpers good condition Jaguar Classifieds 0
J MGB Front Wheel Bearings. Re-grease or replace? MG 19
scottkilpatrick TR4/4A Front Brakes - Basics for Pads Triumph 11
C MGB-GT MGB-GT Front Ride Height MG 0
C MGB-GT Front Ride Height MG 0
J For Sale Bilstein Front Shocks for Jaguar E-Type 727-498-6493 Jaguar Classifieds 0
J TR2/3/3A Mystery knocking sounds at front wheel Triumph 11
E Wanted 1963 Healey 300 mark 2 front grille wanted Austin Healey Classifieds 0
K TR2/3/3A Front brake hub removal to access Vertical Link bolts(screws) Attached pictures. Triumph 1
AUSMHLY Front Wheel Spin Drag Austin Healey 6
T TR2/3/3A Looking for a TR3A front bumper Triumph 6
mctriumph TR2/3/3A Front Suspension upgrades for the 59 Triumph 10
vpanza Wanted TR3 FRONT backplates needed Triumph Classifieds 2
K TR2/3/3A Rear tire pressure when there is an anti roll bar at the front of the car? Triumph 1
CARSINC For Sale Sprite Front Wire Wheel Hubs Spridgets Classified 0
bighealeysource Front Brake Adjusters Austin Healey 0
L Wanted right front turn signal 1975 TR6 Triumph Classifieds 2
G For Sale NEW PHOTOS: Triumph TR3 Chassis Frame + Front Suspension, Fits TR2,TR3,TR3A,TR3B Triumph Classifieds 1
TR3Acustodian TR2/3/3A Replacing "H" front badge Triumph 11
G Rebuilding Front Seats Austin Healey 4
drooartz MGB Front suspension rebuild is next MG 57
Joel Lester TR2/3/3A What final front suspension torque settings needed? Triumph 7