Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Hey Guest! British Car Forum has been supporting enthusiasts for over 25 years by providing a great place to share our love for British cars. You can support our efforts by upgrading your membership for less than the dues of most car clubs. There are some perks with a member upgrade!
**Upgrade Now** (PS: Upgraded members don't see this banner, nor will you see the Google ads that appear on the site.)
On the front bumper override on a tr3a there are those metal rod brackets that support the top of the override, the ones I have are so far off that I do not know if the grill is wrong or the override is wrong or if the car is out. Has anyone else had this problem?
Steve
Are you sure all the parts are for TR3s? The TR3 supports are chrome and TR4 painted so I suppose it would be hard to confuse those. The front tab (that connects to the overrider) points up.
The fit should be very close but not perfect - as I recall something is slotted (hole in the inner wing?) to achieve a good fit.
You make a good point Geo; the overrides could be tr4. I am about an inch off. I have 4 inches to the center of the rod and 5 to the center of the override.
Mine (TR3A) look to be 5" from 'bend to bend' so those seem short.
TR4s are much longer so it's not that.
I see that the Moss catalog lists a different brace for the TR2 & 3 than the 3A -- perhaps you have the early version. The early one is shown as NLA BTW.
I think you need someone with a TR# to measure theirs.
Thanks for looking Geo, perhaps you could look to see where the center of the hole is on the overrider from the high point of the bumper going vertical.
Steve
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.