• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Friday past, Saturday beguine...

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
But, reminded me of telling the lady friend, who's a dozen years younger, about meeting Uncle Miltie my first year in college and that if cellphones had existed I'd have gotten a selfie. Her response was to ask who Uncle Miltie was, and still didn't know when I said Milton Berle. Told her we really needed to work on her pop culture knowledge...

Which comes around to cars - I have over the years seen a number of cars for sale that were purported to be celebrity cars - but people no longer knew or remembered who the celeb was. Of course I know who Uncle Miltie is but, as life moves on many of those actors/ athletes/ singers/ etc move out of public consciousness.

Country flag
At the time, being the oldest, I was the first of the family kids off to college. Where I went they ran an October Parents Weekend so students, freshmen primarily, could show parents how they were adjusting to college life. So my folks came over and while showing them around a bus pulled up and off stepped Milton Berle to ask directions to the arena where he was to perform the weekend parent's show. My dad for years used that as story of how he visits the oldest son in college and got to shake Milton Berle's hand for making the trip.