• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Frankie's been whacked!!

RickB

Yoda
This "business real estate" guy bought the place next door a few years ago.
Since then parking at my house has been hellish, always hard to find a place to park even in front of my own home.
There's a drive way next to my house, between our properties, so today when HIS customers were taking up all available spots I parked the Midget there.
So the owner of the place, lets call him "Mike", came out and backed his white BMW right into the front of my Midget.
Really caved in the drivers side front fender from the front.

Next he comes and knocks loudly on my door and says something like "I didn't see it, it's so low".
Now it's 5:30 PM, not raining, perfectly daylight.
His tire tracks show he backed straight into my car.
I got the distinct feeling he was teed off at me for him backing into my car.
He said something like "I have somewhere I have to be, so we'll deal with this later - I have a dent n the back of my car".
I'm pretty upset right now, maybe in a while I'll be more at peace.

Attachments

• 25166.jpg
    25166.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 387

mrsprite

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
Sorry to hear about Frank.....that sucks!

I've had several cars of mine hit while parked on the street in front of the house. This is why I never park the Bugeye there.....it always goes in the garage (unless I'm just stopping long enough to grab something from the house).

OP
RickB

RickB

Yoda
It was about 5:15 I parked there, 5:30 it got hit.
Intended to move it shortly after anyway.
Just lucky I guess.

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
That stinks. We've had three similar occurrences. Always seems the one actually <span style="font-style: italic"><span style="font-weight: bold">driving</span></span> wants to assign blame to the PARKED CAR owner.
Idiocy abounds. :madder: :wall:

Bayless

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
:iagree: Amazing how some people think.

drooartz

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
Oh no! Poor Frankie.

Funny how people will want to blame you for their mistakes.

OP
RickB

RickB

Yoda
Assuming he comes around today I have to get his insurance info and then talk to my agent. All the PITA part coming soon.

Country flag
WHY? do people insist on ONLY using the rear view mirror when backing? Your car should have been plainly in sight if he had check his side mirrors. Good thing it wasn't a child on a tricycle.

jsfbond

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
Should have called the cops and reported a hit and run.

OP
RickB

RickB

Yoda
I agree completely Trevor.
I drove a company vehicle in another job, in another lifetime.
About 100K miles a year, I was always really afraid of hitting someone.
Also with the LBC driving experience you get used to really being hyper vigilant in looking all around not only to see what you might hit but what might be coming straight for you.
My insurance agent just called back, said I need to get his insurance info. I knew that, nice they call back though.

OP
RickB

RickB

Yoda
Well he did come tell me he did it.
I have to live next door to this joker, so I'm going to get his money but I don't feel the need to be hostile. At least for now, he pulls anything funny and that may change.

D

Deleted member 8987

Knowing a little of the legalese in WA, the term you need for your vehicle was "legally parked".
That stops a lot of squirming by his insurance company.

OP
RickB

RickB

Yoda
TOC said:
Knowing a little of the legalese in WA, the term you need for your vehicle was "legally parked".
That stops a lot of squirming by his insurance company.

Thanks, I will also take a picture of one of his employees vehicles that is parked in the same place I was in yesterday.

Sarastro

Obi Wan
Silver
Country flag
I don't know how it works in your town, but here in SoCal, a home-based business requires a business license. To get one, you have to show that neighbors will not be inconvenienced, and one of the most important considerations is the number of visitors you have. Most communities elsewhere have some kind of restriction on such businesses. I wouldn't be at all surprised if (1) he doesn't have the required licenses, and (2) many more of your neighbors are upset at having the parking used up by his clients.

I know, you don't want to start a feud with a neighbor, but at the same time, you reach a point where you can't let some jerk violate the rights of everyone else in the neighborhood. It should be easy to find out what the licensing situation is, and to ask some of your neighbors if they are having a problem with this. Then, go from there.

Oh, and regarding his comment that he "didn't see it because it's so low"--three-year-old kids are "low" too. It's probably a nice idea to look out for such "low" things before backing.

OP
RickB

RickB

Yoda
He is parked next door now and so I took pictures of the back of his car.

Check this out, he has a back up alarm on the thing - I have this on our family van, it beeps annoyingly when you are backing towards anything.

Attachments

• 25183.jpg
    25183.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 309

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
Mebbe on PURPOSE?!?! Can't otherwise figger HOW with that beeper.

198686d

Jedi Trainee
As one of the other contributors explained, it is illegal in my neighborhood in University City, Mo to operate a business out of your home.......especially if it involves vehicles stopping by or parking. e Businesses are probably alright.

Had a nice Vespa (which I've replaced with another Vespa) that was backed into the same way. Yes, it was "too low" also. Really screwed up the scootah. The BMW is possibly a bad omen for congeniality.

dave