• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Frame weight

BOBBYR

Jedi Trainee
Country flag
Hi Gang, Hope you are all doing well . Would anyone know a round about weight of the inner frame of a BJ8 ? I'm trying to plan a frame off restoration and wondering what types of shop tools will be needed to handle this job . As always , I appreciate your help .
Bobby R

Keoke

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Hi Gang, Hope you are all doing well . Would anyone know a round about weight of the inner frame of a BJ8 ?

I'm trying to plan a frame off restoration and wondering what types of shop tools will be needed to handle this job . As always , I appreciate your help .
Bobby R

I think it is about 600LBS.
A rotisserie would be great if you can purchase or make one.

OP
BOBBYR

BOBBYR

Jedi Trainee
Country flag
Hello Keoke , Very good to hear from you my friend . I guess moving that around won't be too bad . I'm with you on using a rotisserie . Thanks for your help.
Bobby R

CraigC

Jedi Trainee
Country flag
Shortsguy, the Jule frame weights are for the bare frame only. It does not include any of the bulkheads/superstructure.
The "other" appears to refer to one of the other brand replacement frames.

Healey Nut

Luke Skywalker
Country flag
Hi Gang, Hope you are all doing well . Would anyone know a round about weight of the inner frame of a BJ8 ? I'm trying to plan a frame off restoration and wondering what types of shop tools will be needed to handle this job . As always , I appreciate your help .
Bobby R

It all depends on what you mean by frame weight , are we talking bare chassis only or are we talking superstucture (frame and inner body ) ???

Keoke

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
It all depends on what you mean by frame weight , are we talking bare chassis only or are we talking superstucture (frame and inner body ) ???

Healey Nut:

Most commonly a chassis is:

1. the frame, wheels, and machinery of a motor vehicle, on which the body is supported.

However,

Here I think we are talking about only the frame and inner body structures .

Country flag
I could easily manhandle this singlehandedly; I mean, I couldn't pick the whole thing up over my head, but I could easily lift either the front of back and roll it over (during sandblasting and painting operations).

Healey_Chassis.jpg

Healey Nut

Luke Skywalker
Country flag
Healey Nut:

Most commonly a chassis is:

1. the frame, wheels, and machinery of a motor vehicle, on which the body is supported.

However,

Here I think we are talking about only the frame and inner body structures .

Im fully aware of what the word frame means . However the OP is asking the question in reference to doing a "frame off " restoration so all I am asking for is some clarification .........from the OP !!!!

Keoke

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Im fully aware of what the word frame means . However the OP is asking the question in reference to doing a "frame off " restoration so all

I am asking for is some clarification .........from the OP !!!!

I think he is busy talking to Jule maybe you might want to give him a call too? :friendly_wink:

Healey Nut

Luke Skywalker
Country flag
I think he is busy talking to Jule maybe you might want to give him a call too? :friendly_wink:

Keoke you need a hobby ......im thinking needlepoint or something . You spend way too much time on here making pointless comments .:fat:

Keoke

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Thats my Hobby Answering them:emmersed:

OP
BOBBYR

BOBBYR

Jedi Trainee
Country flag
Hi Randy, nice picture . Yep , I was only asking about main frame and inner body as you've pictured . Right now I am building a new garage/ workshop for my 65 BJ8 which should be completed in the fall , so I'm getting pretty excited about this frame off project . Thank you all for your input.
Bobby R