• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Group statistics

Members:
Threads:
Discussions:
Photos:

Group events

Photography

Focus Stacking

Brooklands

Yoda
Gold
Country flag
My new OM-1 has a feature of focus stacking. The camera takes 8 shots with slightly different focus points and in a few seconds stacks them all on the sensor, aligns them for my hand shake, and then makes the 9th image which appears to be sharp with great depth of field. I am also enjoying using this on my HO scale layout. LRC-M8061645FS-NEO copy.jpeg

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag

GregW

Yoda
Platinum
Country flag
Does the camera choose the focus points for a pleasing finished shot? Or do you wind up with some "what the heck?" moments. I've only done focus stacking once with Darktable (manual focus). That particular shot looked better without the stack.

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
The last two are particularly good considering the scale and your distance away. Curious about focal length(s).

And where in the world did you find an AMC Gremlin to scale?!?

OP
Brooklands

Brooklands

Yoda
Gold
Country flag
The last two are particularly good considering the scale and your distance away. Curious about focal length(s).

And where in the world did you find an AMC Gremlin to scale?!?
I do not remember where I bought the Gremlin...probably Walthers Hobby. As for the focal length...these three photos were between 21mm and 26mm.

Basil

Administrator
Boss
That's a cool feature. When I do focus stacking it's a much more tedious process.

OP
Brooklands

Brooklands

Yoda
Gold
Country flag
This was one of my only times I used the feature in England. I should have when walking the track at Brooklands, but I was so excited to be on the 1907 concrete, that I completely forgot about the new camera features.LRC-M8293794FS copy 2.jpg

Basil

Administrator
Boss
The newest Canon Mirrorless cameras (R6, R5, R6 Mark II, etc) has focus stacking but they call it Focus Bracketing. My next camera will most likely be an R6 Mark II and this is a feature I am looking forward to trying out with landscape photography.