Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Hey Guest! British Car Forum has been supporting enthusiasts for over 25 years by providing a great place to share our love for British cars. You can support our efforts by upgrading your membership for less than the dues of most car clubs. There are some perks with a member upgrade!
**Upgrade Now** (PS: Upgraded members don't see this banner, nor will you see the Google ads that appear on the site.)
How do you tell the difference between 948 and 1275 flywheels? I have 2 extra flywheels and they are the same size, but have a few differences. I want to machine one to accept a Datsun clutch assembly for a future 5 speed project.
Thanks, Rut
I believe the number of holes for the crank are different. More for the 1275 or I'm thinking of another engine. Some one here will confirm or otherwise I'm sure. Seems there is four for the older engine and 6 for the newer.
The 948/1098 had only 4 bolt holes, the 1275 has 8, 6 bolt holes and two dial pin holes. The 848/1098 flywheel bolt flat to the crank hub, the 1275 register over the flywheel hubs.
Thanks all! I have a couple of flywheels and as stated I want to modify one for a Datsun clutch. I have a local machine shop that I trust to do the work along with all the parts of the original Datsun clutch. Any pointers I should take with me to the shop?
Thanks, Rut
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.