Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Hey Guest! British Car Forum has been supporting enthusiasts for over 25 years by providing a great place to share our love for British cars. You can support our efforts by upgrading your membership for less than the dues of most car clubs. There are some perks with a member upgrade!
**Upgrade Now** (PS: Upgraded members don't see this banner, nor will you see the Google ads that appear on the site.)
Putting the flywheelmback on my 1275 rebuild.
HowndonI determine correct orientation?
Locating dowels allow two opposite orintations.
Flywheel stamped "1/4" , is this to be at 12 oclock when cyliders 1 and 4 are at tdc?
I'm positive. The dowels are in line, but not through the centerline of the crank. If you put a straightedge through the center of both, you will see it does not line up with the crank centerline. Also, look at the relationship between the 6 evenly spaced threaded holes and the positioning of the dowel pins in relation to the threaded holes.
I don't see how, especially since the flange fits in a recess in the flywheel. The only other possibility is that you don't have a stock/correct flywheel. I have seen 1098 flywheels drilled to fit a 1275 crank. Do you have picture of the flywheel you can send me/post? I would need to see the back side.
The flywheel is on the engine now, I suspect I must have gotten it right.
I'll take a closer look when I get out to the shop later.
thanks for the help
Fred
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.