Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Hey Guest! British Car Forum has been supporting enthusiasts for over 25 years by providing a great place to share our love for British cars. You can support our efforts by upgrading your membership for less than the dues of most car clubs. There are some perks with a member upgrade!
**Upgrade Now** (PS: Upgraded members don't see this banner, nor will you see the Google ads that appear on the site.)
I would use the rubber tipped (Viton) ones. The grose jets I've come across tend to stick after a while. I'm sure you'll get some just opposite opinions though.
Agree with all. I've seen NEW Grose Jets stick (as, evidently, they sometimes have or develop a coating that causes the balls to stick). Go Viton-tipped.
Make sure the floats are OK (plastic or metal) and be sure you've set them at the proper level.
Don't forget to make sure your system (supply) is completely clean. It's amazing how LITTLE it takes to clog things. At the very least, I'd be sure to thoroughly clean out the float-bowls.
Yet another vote for Viton tipped float valves. I removed Grose jets from both the Mini and the GT6 after fuel delivery problems.
In addition to cleaning the float bowls, this would be a good time to add a fuel filter right before the carbs if you don't already have one. Use new fuel line when fitting the filter.
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.