Well, for the first stab on an actual car this didn't turn out too badly.
The professional who gave me some coaching encuraged me to simply build up the area with a series of welds rather than trying to cut and fit a patch panel.
The final picture is kind of goofy - the metal is actually all smooth and shiny but the camera converted some it to brownish color. It is actually smooth.
Before;
I built up too much material, but I wanted to minimize the chance of grinding through it;
Ready for finish work;
The professional who gave me some coaching encuraged me to simply build up the area with a series of welds rather than trying to cut and fit a patch panel.
The final picture is kind of goofy - the metal is actually all smooth and shiny but the camera converted some it to brownish color. It is actually smooth.
Before;
I built up too much material, but I wanted to minimize the chance of grinding through it;
Ready for finish work;
Hey Guest!
