Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Hey Guest! British Car Forum has been supporting enthusiasts for over 25 years by providing a great place to share our love for British cars. You can support our efforts by upgrading your membership for less than the dues of most car clubs. There are some perks with a member upgrade!
**Upgrade Now** (PS: Upgraded members don't see this banner, nor will you see the Google ads that appear on the site.)
came across this, circa 1988, Me and my Midget.
'75 Damask red.
I loved that car, drove it two summers, no reverse.
Silly boy.
Note the Miami Vice look.
Hey there's more than one of us who drove without reverse. 74 Mustang II, 4 Speed, managed to do without reverse for close to 18 months. You just need to get creative with parking and sometimes walk a whole lot further.
Here's my first Spridget ('67 Sprite) at probably my first autocross in 1969 (in PA). No hemets required.
And after the '67 became a pure race car, I got this Bugeye ($60!) which I used to commute to college as well as autocrossing. This snap taken at McGuire AFB for a "Flying Burros Sport Car Club" autocross. None of us exactly look like Mensa material, but hey, we were having fun!
Hehe, Here's one of me in the early '70s (71/72?)with my 3rd Sprite! Same look Nial :thumbsup: (Same area too...Oakhurst, N.J.!) Hate to tell you how many times i did the "Fred Flintstone" with THAT car
My Dad used to tell me to "<span style="font-style: italic">get a haircut or a dog license</span>". :laugh:
Nice Mk II Sprite.
Looks like you used the same paint to spray the big Chevy/Pontiac in the background.
I ran the MG Car Club "Monte Carlo" rally a bunch of times and I'm sure we were in or near Oakhurst as part of the route
(it was all day long and partly at night).
We won the Monte Novice Class in '76 (in a Cricket!).
That paint came out of a puff-can :laugh: ! (been thinking about that color for OBI,my BE). Yep, that Mk II was a runner :wink: ! Made a few fun trips from the Jersey Shore to Pittsburgh, the Glen (for races AND the "Summer Jam"('73). Love the hair and clothes! Never ran the "Monte Carlo", but I did run a couple of the "NQP"s (mid to late '70s) out of Asbury Park (280 miles through the Pineys...mostly sand..at night!). Best I ever did was 25th out of an 80+ field...and I was the last car to cross the finish ...the rest DNFed :eeek: !!
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.