• Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Finally,a Law That Makes Sense

John Turney

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
In California, one can register a vehicle as non-operational at a much reduced rate, probably about the same as regular registration in Oklahoma.

Bayless

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
We did have inspections 30 or so years ago. I think the feds mandated it at the time.

Country flag
I blame the car manufacturer for installing all the screen features and supposedly touch screens. Just because people want them doesn't mean they are needed. This stuff can be added for businesses and people who would actually use them properly. It used to be, you had to pull over to use the phone (phone booth) but we have succumbed to lazy. Now all we need is the manufacturers to install a dead zone in the car for these electronic devices, but sales say otherwise. Can't get around people who don't take driving seriously. Why we are scared to take our LBC babies for a trip.

2020 Toyota I bought end of last summer has a center touch screen that does all sorts of stuff. In the nearly year now, I use it to change the radio station, haven't ever even brought up the map app much less used it.

pdplot

Yoda
Country flag
I don't have built-in GPS. Still using my old Garmin plug-in. Works fine. I do love the backup camera, especially like today when I was backing up toward a low stone wall not visible in the mirror.

Boink

Yoda
Bronze
Country flag
I do love the backup camera, especially like today when I was backing up toward a low stone wall not visible in the mirror.

Of all the high-tech stuff in newer vehicles, I love the proximity sensors a LOT. They've sort of revolutionized parking (where you weren't quite sure how much room you had).