Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Hey Guest! British Car Forum has been supporting enthusiasts for over 25 years by providing a great place to share our love for British cars. You can support our efforts by upgrading your membership for less than the dues of most car clubs. There are some perks with a member upgrade!
**Upgrade Now** (PS: Upgraded members don't see this banner, nor will you see the Google ads that appear on the site.)
I just went through this with a recent rebuild. As I recall, the standard gaskets mic out at .013 and that's all that's available from standard sources, Moss, TRF etc. I'm told Gasket Works https://www.headgasket.com/ will make custom sizes but have not contacted them personally. I also found that the only material available is steel. It is also possible to cut these from sheet copper with some relatively simple tools. I haven't done that either but can post a link with instructions as soon as I get to my home computer. Tom
The main issue with the liner fig8 seals is make sure NOT to use aluminum seals they dont last over time.Captured between two pieces of iron is no place for such tender metal.Galvanic corrosion will eat it in 7 or 8 years.
MD(mad dog)
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.