• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Father's day & more cool toys!

Bret

Yoda
So what’d ya all get for Fathers day?

I found out that my wife & kids truly do love me. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif I now have XM Radio.

hightech_mgb.jpg

The cool part is that it has a built in FM modulator and can be easily moved from one car to another. Or if you so desire you can get a home kit and it will work with your home stereo system. This means I can plug it into any rental car anywhere and I could be in the remotest locations (as I sometimes am along the boarder) or in the mountains and I can still catch the Fox news (in English) and chose between hundreds of other music & talk stations. Oh and get this mostly commercial free!!!

It’s kind of funny but I’d been hinting that I wanted one these for ages now. But it wasn’t until my wife got her new vehicle a couple of weeks ago with XM built in, that she knew what I was talking about.

Of course she & I don’t lessen to the same stuff. I spend most of my time lessening to Nashville, X-Country, Highway 16 and/or Fox news.

Like George Jones song says – “I’m a high tech redneck”. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

EMGEBE

Jedi Hopeful
Kinda sounds like a radio I-POD

When's it fathers day over in the states? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

In Aus its like August or somethin

Jarrod

OP
Bret

Bret

Yoda
[ QUOTE ]
Kinda sounds like a radio I-POD

[/ QUOTE ]

I-PODs are great too. But XM Radio is actually live “satellite” radio. Over here we basically have two players in the satellite radio business XM and Sirius. Not sure about the second one, but XM has like a 75 plus radio stations to chose from. All types of music (6 or 7 country), news, talk, music and sports etc. I haven’t found a place yet that I can’t get crystal clear reception.

Nothing as cool as cruising around town with the top down listening to your favorite music. The added bonus with XM Radio is that there is no chance of a tampon commercial coming on while you’re sitting at a stop light with a pretty girl in the car next to you.
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/driving.gif

[ QUOTE ]

When's it fathers day over in the states? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

In Aus its like August or somethin

Jarrod

[/ QUOTE ]

Not as important as Mothers day of course - but Fathers day here (the states) was last weekend Sunday June 19th. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif