• Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

fancy dancy

jlaird

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Or someone who just wants to look cool, me, me.

Gundy

Luke Skywalker
Really not too bad a deal. Dang thing is cheaper than my GT7 Longman Big Bore head with big valves and alloy ported intake with Big Bore HIF6.
:jester:

That cross flow set up has mine beat for bling effect for sure.

Dang it looks zoomy!
:devilgrin:

jlaird

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Look at the routing of his engine breather line, valve cover, timeing cover, mech, fuel pump cover. But where does it go?? Think must be to a catch can.

Country flag
That is the same guy(Larry M) that did Bugzuki. He is NOT the one selling the head. The seller used his pictures (without permission).

V

vagt6

For those who covet "overkill" IMHO! :lol:

Nothing wrong with overkill, in fact, it's basically all about the overkill, sometimes.

But dual Webers on a Spridget street car???

Oh well . . . :crazyeyes:

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
Geez, Mark! It's for th' sake of "Volumetric EFFICIENCY"! :smirk: :laugh:

Tullamore

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
Okay so I would think it would have helped out more to have given the head four exhaust ports instead of three.

What is the reason our engines only get the three tubes instead a nice string of four headers coming out? Is it something about not having enough room for four flanges?

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
I believe it was due to cooling efficiency in part. In ~theory~ holes 2 & 3 are each using the middle tube one rev apart, no "interference" for the two exhaust strokes.

I think the available cam choices is the reason the three port design was retained in the crossflow. And the water jacket feed points would be problematic too.

Those are just a WAG on my part, Lotus (Mike Costin & Pete Duckworth) designed a DOHC head for the Ford Kent block with separate in and out holes (but the cam in the block was only kept as a jackshaft, driving just the dizzy and oil pump).