Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Hey Guest! British Car Forum has been supporting enthusiasts for over 25 years by providing a great place to share our love for British cars. You can support our efforts by upgrading your membership for less than the dues of most car clubs. There are some perks with a member upgrade!
**Upgrade Now** (PS: Upgraded members don't see this banner, nor will you see the Google ads that appear on the site.)
I didn't know that Austin Healey made an MG model... & looking at those appraisal numbers I could sell my "good" condition Midgets for 13 times more than I bought them for !
I bought one just about as good as that for less than $300 last summer. Actually, other than a fender that needed paint plus some clean up, I think mine was better.
Obviously, the guy was looking at Healey 3000 pricing in the NADA Guide, already an unreliable source of pricing info.
This is typical of Craigslist. There are two spridgets on LA-area Craigslists listed for $15K right now, both listed by dealers, who really should know better. I don't understand why people don't do simple research before pricing their cars; there's thousands of dollars at stake, and they doesn't even know what they're selling. It's a pity, because there are people who would love to have one of those cars, were they fairly priced.
I don't understand why people don't do simple research before pricing their cars; there's thousands of dollars at stake, and they doesn't even know what they're selling.
In my experience sellers like this have done their homework, they are counting on the buyer not having done theirs. Impulse buys by innocents are their stock in trade.
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.