Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Hey Guest! British Car Forum has been supporting enthusiasts for over 25 years by providing a great place to share our love for British cars. You can support our efforts by upgrading your membership for less than the dues of most car clubs. There are some perks with a member upgrade!
**Upgrade Now** (PS: Upgraded members don't see this banner, nor will you see the Google ads that appear on the site.)
Quick question for the group: Will an exhaust system (from the manifold back) from a 68 Mk3 fit on my 79 1500? I have the opportunity to get a good price on a new stainless system intended for a Mk3, but I want to know if it'll fit my car first.
I meant from the manifold back...The header/manifold on my car is good. I'd just be taking the pipe that goes from the manifold to the muffler, the muffler itself and the tail pipe.
Uh, probably? maybe? The manifold flange is the same size between Mk3 and MkIV/1500 NON-CAT. The CAT version has a different part number for the flange gasket, so.... ???
As the rear of the Spitfire is basically the same from year one I say yes to th e fit, but you may have to add a support if it's a cross muffler at the rear, not sure which system you have in mind.
I have the Pace Setter system on both the MkI and MKII Spitfires. The engines are 1296 and 1500 and each has a four into one header. With enough time and money anything can be made to fit. I don't have much of either and had little trouble fitting the systems.
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.