Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Hey Guest! British Car Forum has been supporting enthusiasts for over 25 years by providing a great place to share our love for British cars. You can support our efforts by upgrading your membership for less than the dues of most car clubs. There are some perks with a member upgrade!
**Upgrade Now** (PS: Upgraded members don't see this banner, nor will you see the Google ads that appear on the site.)
Funny thing, that statement. Finally got the electricals "buttoned up." Opted to take the car on an 800+ mile run to Jensens West (as my Jensen is not done yet).
Made it ~100 miles out of town when the water pump bearings started squealing like they were going to explode.
Took me a while to limp home, so I'm off the electricals now and on to the water pump, which I happen to have on hand.
I actually cleaned out the garage of a local Triumph person who had owned a TR8 years ago, but never got rid of his spares. Part of the deal was a brand new in box water pump. I'll swap this one in and add it to the starter and original alternator in the "get it rebuilt" pile.
will do. The gasket has a tear so I was just going to use Permatex Ultra Blue instead. The story from the fellow I got the bits from is that he had a friend pick it up in the UK when they were ending the original manufacture of them. Considering this fellow's anal-retentiveness equals or surpasses mine, I am inclined to believe the story.
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.