• Hi Guest! Being a Paying Supporter is NOT a requirement to participate at BCF. However, subscribing will help ensure we can continue to serve the LBC community for years to come. If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource...Please consider supporting us by **Upgrading**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this banner)
Tips
Tips

Electric fishing reels

bobhustead

Silver
Country flag
Got MY eye on that new battery powered fly reel from Orvis. When I was a kid, a friend's father fished whole mullet way offshore on a gigantic Reflecto Barracuda spoon with a couple of pounds of keeled trolling sinkers on monel line. I would have appreciated an electric reel.

Bob

Bob

mikephillips

Luke Skywalker
Country flag
If still around, would they advertise Mr Microphone now with a guy leaning out a car window saying he'll be back later to a girl walking down the street??...

Basil

Administrator
Boss
The company I worked for made all the boxes for RONCO back in the day. Word was that RONCO knew that 50% of the Mr. Microphones that shipped out didn't work. They also knew that at $19.95 most people would not do anything about it.
Surprised there wasn't a class action lawsuit.

equiprx

Jedi Knight
Country flag
Thinking of 1960s era hucksters, I bought a Vegamatic blender at the New York Worlds Fair.
I'll never forget the slick guy doing the demo.
Many years later, Dan Ackroyd did his Bass-a-Matic bit, and I nearly choked on my joint.
Not long after that he did a 'duet' with the original guy.