• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Earls Court 100M Sold

dougie

Luke Skywalker
Country flag
Wow, these right hand drive 100's are shooting up in value!

Don't be confused, it was obviously the Florida Green color that put this one over the top....

MikeAH100M

Jedi Hopeful
Country flag
Interesting to note 1) wrapped fuel line around carbs (Has anyone found that to be an advantage?) 2) addition of windshield washer fluid bag but no sign of nozzles on the shroud??

bighealeysource

Luke Skywalker
Bronze
Country flag
Actually met the former owner of the pink and black 100M at the Hilton Head Island Concours last month when I had my 100M there. It did sell for more but since it was a private sale, guess out of respect for his privacy, will not say but it was more than the Bonhams car. I was shocked and of course no way to verify but had no reason to doubt him. At one point he and Roger Moment were on the phone for some time, I even spoke to Roger for a bit, and for the life of me I cannot recall his name. Oh well, senior moment !
Regards,
Mike

dougie

Luke Skywalker
Country flag
Interesting to note 1) wrapped fuel line around carbs (Has anyone found that to be an advantage?) 2) addition of windshield washer fluid bag but no sign of nozzles on the shroud??

Not to mention, it looks like someone puked on the passenger side carpet.

judow

Darth Vader - R.I.P
The price is mind boggling to me but I'll just smile.

drambuie

Jedi Warrior
Not to mention, it looks like someone puked on the passenger side carpet.

And it's running a Texas like cooler fan, Kenlowe fan and thermostat that is mounted next to the windscreen washer bag, note the copper wire from the thermostat running into the upper radiator hose.....heat wrapped exhaust manifold and the shoddy looking insulation wrapped around the fuel line held together with plastic ties. Now that's concourse! Oh by the way! That's a "original" puke stain on the carpet Dougie, someone lost there pint there!

dougie

Luke Skywalker
Country flag
"That's a "original" puke stain on the carpet Dougie, someone lost there pint there!"

LOL....I had one of those in my first Healey too...At least I washed the mat out before selling it along to the next bloke.

BigGreen

Jedi Warrior
Silver
Country flag
Country flag
"... 7in rear axle with a limited slip deferential ..."

Out of difference to readers I'll make no further comment (looks like a nice car, though).

OP
R

RandyHicks

When the dealer was questioned about the different numbers on this "100M" he responded:

"You are correct on all accounts. This is not a factory built 100M (as one would be hundred of thousands more), but a 100M conversion from a late BN1. It had three separate donor cars from different years that lent dash, body, and mechanical components. If you read the description it very well states that it is a converted BN1, not a factory 100M. Thank you for looking at the listing and we look forward to seeing it on the road soon!"

Certainly answered my concerns! :smile:

Randy

judow

Darth Vader - R.I.P
Rick, Randy's car is indeed worth the awards and mentions it gets. This is a well done restoration and the end result certainly shows it. Now as an f/y/i to Randy, Agatha is simply panting to meet him.

judow

Darth Vader - R.I.P
P.S. I guess $265,000 isn't too steep a price for three (3) Healeys...

Editor_Reid

Staff member
Platinum
Country flag
Haven't seen the Marque yet.

For the record, the January issue of HEALEY MARQUE was mailed on Friday, December 6. It is mailed from southern California, and a couple days later, on Monday, December 9, Baird Foster received his in New Jersey. The USPS can do it when they want to. The problem is, well, it's the USPS.